Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

100 hertz smertz

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   BrettisMckinney

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted April 08 2003 - 10:37 AM

Hey..can anyone tell me just exactly how much difference 100 hz makes? Yes, i get the technical side..but if switch between 50 and 100 i notice nothing. I still see movement in images..some titles still flicker. So i wanna know what the main diff is. Also, i notice on a lot of straight lines in the image that they are jagged, like they are not anti-aliased. Anyone know what might cause this? For instance a taxi drove by and has 3 lines running horizontal through the side..i can see all jagged edges along the line. Very irrating. Much appreciated if someone can help me out! Cheers

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   BrettisMckinney

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 10:32 AM

Anyone??

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Max Leung

Max Leung

Producer

• 4,612 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 11:12 AM

Wow those are funky glasses you are wearing. Posted Image

Refresh rates are independent of resolution. 50 hz and 100 hz will show no difference except in the amount of flicker you perceive in the image (ignoring cabling issues from using double the bandwidth). Panning may be smoother, depending on the framerate of the original source material. If a camera is panning around a landscape, shot at 24 fps, and your TV's refresh rate is 60 hz, there will be a barely perceptible judder (the 3:2 pulldown will work rather well. If the refresh rate is a whole multiple of 24 fps, like 48 hz or 72 hz, the panning should be smoother. If the refresh rate is 50 hz, it will look terrible, unless the video is speed up slightly to reduce the judder.
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him...a super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Gamesh....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users