Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Finally upgrading to HDTV... with a few questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Andy Kramer

Andy Kramer

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted April 08 2003 - 09:34 AM

Hey everyone,
I am finally taking the dive and I am going to buy an HDTV. I have 2 models in mind, and I am having a hard time which one is better. So i want to hear form people who possibly have one of these tv's. The 1st one is a Sony KP-51WS500 51'. The other is a Toshiba 50H82 50'. I am leaning toward the Sony... but i cant help but look at the price of the two and say darn.. what should I do. They both pull all the typical HD resolutions. The Toshiba has IDSC Pro which seems loke a nice feature. On the other hand the Sony has a DVI input which is gonna be big in a few years. So that is question 1.

Question 2, the HD_TV from Comcast... how is it, and ive been trying to figure out if this is a very expensive monthly procedure. I am assuming it is worth it (better picture and all). But i havent been overly happy with the quaility of Comcast cable sometimes. But it works. I guess that covers all my questions on going HD! I cant wait. I appreciate all you're responses.

Thanks Andy
" Pool on the roof must have a leak"