What's new

PB2+ pic's are up ! (1 Viewer)

Dale Ridgeway

Stunt Coordinator
Oh man,
Just when I thought I had it narrowed down to the 20-39 or the 16-46 pc+....you come along with this behemoth!:emoji_thumbsup:
Tom or Ron, how does PB2 compare to the PC+ line? I showed the wife yesterday your website yesterday and at least from the pictures, the pc+ passed the WAF!!!
Maybe her focus was that little area of the screen that said "price : $825.00" because her responce was
"Better get your LITTLE sub on Ebay if you want it.":D
Yes honey!!!

james e m

Second Unit
The pictures look great! How would two of these compare to the B4-Plus? Also are there any plans to release a PC Ultra?
Thanks,
James

Thats a good idea James E M, I would love to get a 16-46 PC Ultra if such a thing existed ;-), would that be possible anyone? Or is there a reason why such a thing couldnt be made? who knows., maybe TV or Ron will respond.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
I would love to get a 16-46 PC Ultra if such a thing existed
I think the closest you will find is either the 16-46PC+, or a single passive SS, which is essentially an Ultra driver in a 16-46 sized custom fabricated wooden laminated enclosure.

Regards,

Ed

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
I don't think I'll even attempt to get two of things by my wife. It would never happen. However, I did just get the okay for one.:D :D :D

It would be great if I could get a powered SVS 16-46 version with an Ultra driver in it, I really wouldnt want to spend all the extra money to get an SS, (with the wood and all) I wonder if i ask real nicely if they would make one for me? lol

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if i ask real nicely if they would make one for me? lol
SVS does make custom order subs. Time to order is longer, and I'm not sure the warranty is the same. It would probably have to be a passive model, as the powered models must go through all sorts of fire/electrical safety certifications before being OK'd for regular production.

I'm not saying for sure a 16-46 CS Ultra is in your future, but it can't hurt to ask Tom and Ron - more accomodating people you will not find.

Regards,

Ed

Zack_R

Stunt Coordinator
I would love to get a 16-46 PC Ultra if such a thing existed ;-)
Well, you can plug one of the ports on the current Ultra. Though I don't think it's necessary, as the Ultra seems to defy it's on stock tunig point by a couple of hz.

I believe an Ultra has about a 2db advantage over a 2039 CS+. A 2039 CS + has about a 2db or so advantage over a 1646. If this is accurate, it would lead me to believe that an Ultra with one port plugged would have comparable output to the 1646 between 15 and 20 hz and play louder above those frequencies.

Although you pay SVS a premium (by industry standards it's not much) for an Ultra, I've always felt, as far as SVS cylinders are concerned, that the Ultra is the true switch hitter of the bunch. Meaning, in it's stock tune, it plays very close to the 2531 in sheer SPL output and plays very near the 1646 in spl extension. This my opinion as I've not done any side by side testing to validate but the conclusion is drawn from professional and independent reviews.

Hey Tom Grooms, By any chance did you hear any release date timetable for a PC Ultra? (I hope your not pulling my leg;-)
And if by any chance did you hear also if a PC Ultra would come in different sizes? (like a 16-46 for example?) Any info is helpful, thanks. -Chris-

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Chris,

The hoped for release time frame for the PC Ultra is this summer and it will only be available in one size. Price

Dale Ridgeway

Stunt Coordinator
The $825 was for the 20-39 plus.
The new sub happened to pop up when I refreshed the page:emoji_thumbsup:
In all likelyhood ill probably get the PC plus, just cant decide between the 20-39 and the 16-46.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Damn! That's a very nice looking sub. I can't wait to hear what the future owners of this product have to say about it.

Let me guess, they'll say that it's "good". ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks