Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Did the B. Streisand(What's Up Doc?,etc.) Gift Set get pushed back?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 of 25 OFFLINE   Tony Scello

Tony Scello

Second Unit

• 318 posts

Posted April 08 2003 - 12:32 AM

I was under the impression that the Barbara Streisand DVD Gift Set(What's Up Doc?,The Main Event,etc.)was to be released on April 29th and some etailers have it listed for that date. Others(DeepDiscountDVD, BestBuy.com) are now listing the release date as July 1st(Amazon.com apparently doesn't have any listing at all, as of yet, for these titles). I've seen pictures of the cover art but has there ever been an official press release? Does anyone know if the actual release date is April 29th or July 1st? Thanks.
"Something beyond comprehension is happening to a little girl on this street, in this house. A man has been called for as a last resort to try and save her. That man is The Exorcist."

#2 of 25 OFFLINE   Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Lead Actor

• 7,598 posts

Posted April 08 2003 - 02:28 AM

Mid July is the last that was heard, with possible commentaries now on two discs by Ms. Streisand. The mix seems to be getting better on this release, hence a warranted delay which will make this a set worth waiting for.

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#3 of 25 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted April 08 2003 - 11:09 AM

July 1st, per Warner's press site:

[c]Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image[/c]

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#4 of 25 OFFLINE   bob kaplan

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor

• 558 posts

Posted April 08 2003 - 03:13 PM

at one time i read some where that the Streisand television specials COLOR ME BARBRA and MY NAME IS BARBRA were going to be released this year. Has anyone further information?

#5 of 25 OFFLINE   Tony Scello

Tony Scello

Second Unit

• 318 posts

Posted April 08 2003 - 11:50 PM

Thanks for the clarification David LambertPosted Image There seemed to be some confusion concerning the release date of these titles.
"Something beyond comprehension is happening to a little girl on this street, in this house. A man has been called for as a last resort to try and save her. That man is The Exorcist."

#6 of 25 OFFLINE   DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet

Lead Actor

• 8,805 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 09:22 AM

I can't wait.

And when Fox gets out Hello Dolly I'll be in bliss...

dave Posted Image
Be an Original Aspect Ratio Advocate

Supporter of 1080p24 video and lossless 24 bit audio.

#7 of 25 OFFLINE   Matthew_V

Matthew_V

Stunt Coordinator

• 177 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 09:41 AM

#8 of 25 OFFLINE   LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 10:47 AM

All I want is What's Up Doc? I hope I don't have to wait another year.

#9 of 25 OFFLINE   Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,228 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 05:09 PM

Variety.com reports tonight (4/9) that Streisand has recorded full commentaries for NUTS and UP THE SANDBOX, and scene-specific ones for DOC and EVENT. They street 7/1.

#10 of 25 OFFLINE   BBbrowd

BBbrowd

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 07:57 PM

This will certainly be an exciting collection. Very cool. I've been looking forward to all those films in that set. Especially "What's Up Doc?".

I too, am anxiously awaiting a release of "Hello Dolly". I have the widescreen laser disc and it's terrific. Dolly is a movie that must be seen in widescreen to be really appreciated. It's gorgeous. Hopefully we will get a great DVD release of it one day.

Dolly (standing on a ladder): "Mr. Kemper, do you mind if we climb in? I'm feeling an updraft in my underpants."
Chris

#11 of 25 OFFLINE   BBbrowd

BBbrowd

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 08:05 PM

This will certainly be an exciting collection. Very cool. I've been looking forward to all those films in that set. Especially "What's Up Doc?".

I too, am anxiously awaiting a release of "Hello Dolly". I have the widescreen laser disc and it's terrific. Dolly is a movie that must be seen in widescreen to be really appreciated. It's gorgeous. Hopefully we will get a great DVD release of it one day.

Dolly (standing on a ladder): "Mr. Kemper, do you mind if we climb in? I'm feeling an updraft in my underpants."
Chris

#12 of 25 OFFLINE   Tony Scello

Tony Scello

Second Unit

• 318 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 01:18 AM

Variety.com reports tonight (4/9) that Streisand has recorded full commentaries
for NUTS and UP THE SANDBOX, and scene-specific ones for DOC and EVENT.
They street 7/1.

Great news. Thanks for the information Bob.

#13 of 25 OFFLINE   DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet

Lead Actor

• 8,805 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 01:19 AM

Chris,

Dolly is a movie that I practically recite line-for-line the whole way through (when I'm not singing, naturally) Posted Image

"mmm...Forest Green Shudders..."

#14 of 25 OFFLINE   george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 05:07 AM

Well maybe one of you Dolly fans can help me out.

During It Takes a Woman, there's a point where they slowly sing

"And so she'll work until infinity
Three cheers for femininity
God Bless [unintelligable to me]"

Can anyone decipher what I can't understand? I've searched the net for the lyrics (no luck), and even have the Broadway dvd, but the lyrics are different there (Rah Rah Rah stuff). Any help is greatly appreciated.
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#15 of 25 OFFLINE   JimmyK

JimmyK

Second Unit

• 471 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 05:17 AM

Quote:
since I feel like I'm the only fan of the film, a Yentl-thread would probably get zero replies

You would have gotten at least one reply!Posted Image I would also like to see this title released.

As far as the others announced for July 1, these have been delayed before, so I'll believe it when I see it.

When they finally do get released, I plan on getting What's Up Doc? and Nuts.

JimmyK

#16 of 25 OFFLINE   DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet

Lead Actor

• 8,805 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 06:05 AM

George,

I'll try some closed captioning on the LD or something. I've always not quite understood that line either.

Come to think of it...I have the CD movie soundtrack. I'll see if it shows lyrics in the insert...

#17 of 25 OFFLINE   BBbrowd

BBbrowd

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 09:08 AM

During "It Takes a Woman", the word after "God Bless..." sounds like "Fem-in-in-NILE-ty. Is that a word? Posted Image
Chris

#18 of 25 OFFLINE   Joel Vardy

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor

• 573 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 09:48 AM

Quote:
since I feel like I'm the only fan of the film, a Yentl-thread would probably get zero replies

Another afirmative on this title. At the very least I would be a hero in my household since my wife is crazy about this title.

Joel

#19 of 25 OFFLINE   george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 09:54 AM

Well to me it sounds like "God Bless her mind--ing loyl--ty". But that doesn't make any sense. Posted Image
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#20 of 25 OFFLINE   BBbrowd

BBbrowd

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted April 16 2003 - 05:16 AM

Hey Dave and Everybody,

Amazon says that "Hello, Dolly!" will be released on DVD on August 18, and is available for pre order. The price is listed at $14.98. Wonder if it will have any extras at all? I've got a feeling the extras will be hardly anything.

Does anyone have the DVD of it that was released in Europe a while back? How is the quality?

Here is the link to the listing on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co....688966-5027304
Chris

Forum Nav Content I Follow