What's new

Did the B. Streisand(What's Up Doc?,etc.) Gift Set get pushed back? (1 Viewer)

Tony Scello

Second Unit
I was under the impression that the Barbara Streisand DVD Gift Set(What's Up Doc?,The Main Event,etc.)was to be released on April 29th and some etailers have it listed for that date. Others(DeepDiscountDVD, BestBuy.com) are now listing the release date as July 1st(Amazon.com apparently doesn't have any listing at all, as of yet, for these titles). I've seen pictures of the cover art but has there ever been an official press release? Does anyone know if the actual release date is April 29th or July 1st? Thanks.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Mid July is the last that was heard, with possible commentaries now on two discs by Ms. Streisand. The mix seems to be getting better on this release, hence a warranted delay which will make this a set worth waiting for.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
at one time i read some where that the Streisand television specials COLOR ME BARBRA and MY NAME IS BARBRA were going to be released this year. Has anyone further information?

Tony Scello

Second Unit
Thanks for the clarification David Lambert:emoji_thumbsup: There seemed to be some confusion concerning the release date of these titles.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Variety.com reports tonight (4/9) that Streisand has recorded full commentaries for NUTS and UP THE SANDBOX, and scene-specific ones for DOC and EVENT. They street 7/1.

BBbrowd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
This will certainly be an exciting collection. Very cool. I've been looking forward to all those films in that set. Especially "What's Up Doc?".

I too, am anxiously awaiting a release of "Hello Dolly". I have the widescreen laser disc and it's terrific. Dolly is a movie that must be seen in widescreen to be really appreciated. It's gorgeous. Hopefully we will get a great DVD release of it one day.

Dolly (standing on a ladder): "Mr. Kemper, do you mind if we climb in? I'm feeling an updraft in my underpants."

BBbrowd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
This will certainly be an exciting collection. Very cool. I've been looking forward to all those films in that set. Especially "What's Up Doc?".

I too, am anxiously awaiting a release of "Hello Dolly". I have the widescreen laser disc and it's terrific. Dolly is a movie that must be seen in widescreen to be really appreciated. It's gorgeous. Hopefully we will get a great DVD release of it one day.

Dolly (standing on a ladder): "Mr. Kemper, do you mind if we climb in? I'm feeling an updraft in my underpants."

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Chris,

Dolly is a movie that I practically recite line-for-line the whole way through (when I'm not singing, naturally) :)

"mmm...Forest Green Shudders..."

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well maybe one of you Dolly fans can help me out.

During It Takes a Woman, there's a point where they slowly sing

"And so she'll work until infinity
Three cheers for femininity
God Bless [unintelligable to me]"

Can anyone decipher what I can't understand? I've searched the net for the lyrics (no luck), and even have the Broadway dvd, but the lyrics are different there (Rah Rah Rah stuff). Any help is greatly appreciated.

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
since I feel like I'm the only fan of the film, a Yentl-thread would probably get zero replies
You would have gotten at least one reply!:D I would also like to see this title released.

As far as the others announced for July 1, these have been delayed before, so I'll believe it when I see it.

When they finally do get released, I plan on getting What's Up Doc? and Nuts.

JimmyK

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
George,

I'll try some closed captioning on the LD or something. I've always not quite understood that line either.

Come to think of it...I have the CD movie soundtrack. I'll see if it shows lyrics in the insert...

BBbrowd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
During "It Takes a Woman", the word after "God Bless..." sounds like "Fem-in-in-NILE-ty. Is that a word? :crazy:

BBbrowd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Hey Dave and Everybody,

Amazon says that "Hello, Dolly!" will be released on DVD on August 18, and is available for pre order. The price is listed at $14.98. Wonder if it will have any extras at all? I've got a feeling the extras will be hardly anything.

Does anyone have the DVD of it that was released in Europe a while back? How is the quality?

Here is the link to the listing on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...688966-5027304

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks