What's new

Dead Zone Season Final (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The Finale of the Dead Zone left me a bit underwhelmed. It was a decent episode and a good look at the character of Bruce but I thought they could've done more with the Stillson storyline. I'm glad they did'nt do a cliffhanger those as season finales are starting to wear thin, but I wish the stillson stuff was rooted in reality and not in an alternate timeline. I'm looking forward to next year thou.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was clear to me that with such short season, the Stilson macrostory was going to play out like a long campaign, so this allows the writers to focus on character development, which is a nice change of pace over simply weekly plot development.

This season finale rallies around John's sidekick, Bruce, who now understands his place in the scheme of things and can trust Johnny on a deeper level.

Also looking forward to the next season. Are we in for a year long wait, or another 3-4 months before the next season kicks off?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I would imagine it'll start in January 04. I enjoyed the ep as well Bruce needed an eps centered around him. Liked the dreadlocks better thou maybe they'll grow back.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Season One (13 episodes) = June 2002 - Sept 2002
Season Two (12 episodes, 1 unaired) = January 2003 - April 2003

That means, Season 3 should begin by August or September.

I just hope with Season 3 we get more episodes involving the Stilson arc instead of the basic "How does Johnny find trouble this week?" episodes which weren't that good this season (with the exception of the episode on the plane and the high school reuinion).

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I thought they aired 13 episodes this season, what is the unaired show?

Micah Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad they worked this episode this way.
It gave me closure in regards to how the book ends. Now I can enjoy where ever the series leads knowing his destiny won't follow suit..

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I thought they aired 13 episodes this season, what is the unaired show?
During the course of the show's run, 13 weeks were used, but one week was devoted to a repeat due to the Oscars.

The episode that never made it to air goes along with something mentioned in the "invisible man" episode (in which the government uses psychics). In the episode, Johnny is hired to find Osama Bin Laden. Since the war with Iraq happened halfway through the season, the episode wasn't aired.

RickGr

Second Unit
Quote:
"I just hope with Season 3 we get more episodes involving the Stilson arc instead of the basic "How does Johnny find trouble this week?" episodes which weren't that good this season (with the exception of the episode on the plane and the high school reuinion)."

I thought the episode with Robert Culp and the one centered around the gangsters were fantastic. In fact this is just plain and simple one of the better shows being aired on any network/outlet.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I didn't know it was the Season Finaly, but I liked it and am excited about next year. I am glad Bruce cut his hair and shaved his beard, he looks so much better imo. It's funny b/c I used to have long hair and a beard but now I don't like them all that much.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I wonder if this :Lost" episode will show up on the eventual DVD Release.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Well, whenever the third season starts, I am so gonna be there :) Thanks the pilot being released on DVD, I totally forgot all about it until I watched the pilot and had to tune in to 2nd season. Now the 1st season DVD set will be released, I can finally catch up. :)

You know, studios need to take a hint from countries like UK or Japan, where they release the episodes soon after they air (usually within 3 months). This way people can catch up and watch the stuff they missed out on TV and they can create more converts to the shows early on that will possibly heighten ratings overall.

I am glad I watched 2nd season. Some great stuff. So, when is this 2nd season coming out on DVD? :)

My Tivo guide says that "The Hunt for Osama" will air on Friday 4/11 at 7:00 p.m. lets hope so.

Personally, I loved the episode where he got the blood transplant and was getting visions from 7 different people. Thats when I went from liking the show to loving it.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
YahooYV shows "The Hunt for Osama" on the SciFi channel (not USA) but SciFi's Schedulebot shows "Playing God" . It's anybody's guess if it will show up. Don't you just love stealth programming.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that episode where he got visions from 7 people after a blood transfusion was great! John and Bruce trying to determine which one of the 7 strangers was going to die was fantastic.

BTW, Micah, how did the season finale give you closure in regards to the book? How are they related?

Micah Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
In the book (IIRC):

Smith sees that Stillson is responsible for the end of the world (basically) and decides to assassinate him. He hides overnight at the rally site with his rifle and tries to kill him during his speech. He fails, though. In desperation, Stillson manages to avoid getting shot and hides among the spectators. Johnny takes return fires and is dying when Stillson comes up to him to see who had tried to kill him. Johnny manages to touch him and sees the newspaper headlines the next day with a photo of Stillson holding up a child to protect him from bullets. Johnny dies knowing he was successful in stopping Stillson's career.

So you see, I was concerned about the inevitable end to the series, if it were to stay true to the original story. With the season finale, though, we get the best of both worlds: continuity with the book and MORE EPISODES!!!

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
oh damn! I was hoping to read the book one day but now I know the ending, lol.

I asked the question though. :D

Who knows, maybe the series will end like the book.

Remember, the season finale was sort of like an alternate dimension of what could happen. The same could still happen in the show's reality.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Zion is now no longer a second season finale, USA network has extended it and will show 6 new episodes in July and August.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
In the Announcement they are not announcing a 3rd season but I would think the ratings would warrant one, it has to be USA's top rated show

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
season 2 of the dead zone is not over it is 19 episodes total and the new ones will start airing July 6th.

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...1959135&EDATE=

'The Summer of Dead Zone' Season Two of USA Network's Original Series 'The Dead Zone' Extended to Include Seven New Episodes This Summer Beginning Sunday, July 6 at 10:00 PM ET/PT

Anthony Michael Hall Stars in the Hit Series
Based on Characters from the Stephen King Novel

NEW YORK, June 4 /PRNewswire/ -- The Dead Zone, the hit series starring Anthony Michael Hall (61*, The Pirates of Silicon Valley, Sixteen Candles), kicks off an exciting summer run on USA Network Sunday, July 6 at 10:00 PM ET/PT as season two expands to include seven new episodes.
Based on characters from the Stephen King novel, The Dead Zone is produced by Lions Gate Television and Paramount International Television in association with Piller(2) and The Segan Company. The series was created for television by
acclaimed writer-executive producer Michael Piller (Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager) and his son, supervising producer Shawn Piller.
The series stars Hall as Johnny Smith, a man injured in a near-fatal car crash who emerges from a six-year-long coma with the blessing and curse of second sight. His startling psychic abilities allow him to see into the past and future through visions triggered by touch - visions he is unable to
ignore, especially when others are at risk.
In the first of this summer's gripping new adventures, Johnny is caught in
a deadly storm and forced to come to terms with his own destiny in order to save those he loves. As the summer unfolds, Johnny races to solve a medical mystery to save the life of his son, J. J. (Spencer Achtymichuk); meets a
beautiful woman in danger and must consider the potentially dire consequences of his choices; fights to save himself, Walt (Chris Bruno), Sarah (Nicole deBoer) and J. J. when they are taken hostage by thieves; struggles to stop a boxing match after foreseeing the death of one of the heavyweight contenders; sets out to discover the secret of a mysterious man who appears to be stalking him; and is recruited by a covert branch of U.S. intelligence to track down the world's most wanted terrorist.
Executive produced by Michael Piller and Lloyd Segan (The Bachelor, Boondock Saints, Bones), The Dead Zone also stars Nicole deBoer (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Rated X) as Sarah Bannerman, Johnny's former fiancee, who is now married to the county sheriff and raising the son she conceived with Johnny on the eve of his tragic accident; Chris Bruno (All My Children, Another World) as Walt Bannerman, Sarah's devoted husband and a dedicated cop, who continues to develop what began as an uneasy alliance with Johnny through their work together in solving cases; John L. Adams (The Parenthood, Pacific Blue) as Bruce Lewis, Johnny's physical therapist and close friend; Kristen
Dalton (Gleason, Beverly Hills 90210) as Dana Bright, a local reporter with more than a professional interest in Johnny; David Ogden Stiers (Curse of the Jade Scorpion, Lilo & Stitch) as Reverend Gene Purdy, an ambitious televangelist who inherited a fortune from Johnny's late mother and still controls Johnny's trust; and Sean Patrick Flanery (The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, Powder) as Greg Stillson, a polished but ruthless young congressional candidate backed by Reverend Purdy. In their brief initial
encounters, Johnny sees glimpses of Stillson's unsavory past and is plagued by visions of a future disaster that destroys the nation's capital.
The Dead Zone is backed by an outstanding production team headed by executive producers Piller and Segan, and co-executive producer Karl Schaefer (Strange Luck, Eerie, Indiana) who recently joined the series for its upcoming
summer run. Anthony Michael Hall is co-producer. Shawn Piller (Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager) and Craig Silverstein (The Invisible Man) are supervising producers; Robert Petrovicz (The Outer Limits, Smallville) and Michael Taylor (Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) are producers; Kira Domaschuk (Higher Ground, Mysterious Ways) is co-producer; and Harold Tichenor (Marine Life, Children of the Dust, Higher Ground) is consulting producer. The series' visual effects are produced by Stargate Digital Studios.
USANetwork.com plays an integral part of the overall experience of The Dead Zone. This popular site has a great deal of information about the show,
including character profiles, cast bios and photo galleries; a chat room, bulletin board and weekly e-mail newsletter; exciting downloads; an area containing materials with which fans can build their own Dead Zone web sites; and regular updates from executive producer Michael Piller on the show's progress. Fans of the show can also watch web-exclusive video clips each week that won't be seen on TV, featuring favorite characters, guest stars, and
more. The site also offers fans the exciting opportunity to e-mail the cast.
Anthony Michael Hall and his co-stars personally provide answers to the mail, which is posted to the site. To see all these features, as well as many
others, log on to http://www.usanetwork.com/thedeadzone/.
For additional series information, log on to http://www.thedeadzone.net.

Lions Gate Television
Lions Gate Television is the television production and distribution arm of Lions Gate Entertainment (AMEX and TSE: LGF). Lions Gate Entertainment is a leading independent creator, producer and distributor of filmed entertainment
content worldwide through its four core businesses -- Motion Pictures, Television, Animation and Studio Facilities -- as well as its cutting edge CinemaNow VOD business. The Lions Gate brand name is synonymous with original, daring, quality entertainment in markets around the world. The Lions Gate web site is located at http://www.lionsgatefilms.com.

Paramount International Television
Paramount International Television distributes a library of over 55,000 hours of programming, as well as all production from Paramount Television. In addition, Paramount International Television has produced nearly 120 hours of
television programming consisting of mini-series, television films and one-hour dramatic series. Paramount Worldwide Television Distribution is part of the entertainment operations of Viacom Inc.

Modern Entertainment
MODERN ENTERTAINMENT is a worldwide distribution company that licenses catalog titles, acquires new contemporary English language films and pursues alliances with compatible companies in the areas of distribution, production and film library ownership. Modern's current film library contains over 500 movies. Among the titles are "Dirty Dancing," "Conan the Barbarian" and
"Halloween II and III." The company also distributes movie packages in the U.S. Modern is the first new American domestic syndicator in years. MTG AB (OTC: MTGNY), the parent company, is the largest multimedia operation in
Scandinavia.

USA Network
USA Network is cable television's leading provider of original series and feature movies, sports events, off-net television shows, and blockbuster theatrical films. USA Network is available in 81% of all U.S. homes and is
seen in nearly 87 million U.S. homes. The USA Network Web site is located at http://www.usanetwork.com.

USA Network is a program service of Universal Television Networks, part of the Universal Television Group a division of Vivendi Universal Entertainment (VUE) (http://www.universalstudios.com), the U.S.-based film, television and recreation entity of Vivendi Universal, a global media and communications company.

SOURCE USA Network
Web Site: http://www.usanetwork.com
http://www.usanetwork.com/thedeadzone
http://www.lionsgatefilms.com http://www.thedeadzone.net

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks