What's new

The Italian Job remake trailer gives away THE WHOLE MOVIE!! (1 Viewer)

Ushabye

Projectionist
Real Name
Paul
Hollywood has remade THE ITALIAN JOB. You've seen the original and besides the name, the cars and the traffic concept it's a whole new deal. But don't bother going to see it this summer, just download the trailer, because the trailer gives away the WHOLE G**D**M MOVIE FROM BEGINING TO END!! This is probably the worst spolier trailer I've ever seen.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I get the feeling they gave you everything on a silver platter. I'm hoping there is at least something to it.

David Ren

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago and just downloaded the trailer, so I can say: yup, that is the movie from beginning to end. There's no reason to watch now.

It's funny that F Gary Gray directed this. F Gary Gray also directed The Negotiator, which also had a trailer that spoiled the entire movie. I guess this guy just doesn't know how to edit trailers.

David

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
yeah, especially how they stole the van of gold by blowing up the bridge similar to how they stole the safe...

i havent seen it, but i saw the trailer befor Phonebooth

Spoiler tags added by moderator - Cees.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
I was particularly impressed by the way that they took a classic British film set in Turin, and turned it into an American one set in Los Angeles. Classy ;)

Does Donald Sutherland really need that money, being so obviously second-choice to a Michael Caine who already got burned on the abysmal Get Carter remake?

Still, the best scene in the trailer was the fact that you even see how the bad guy dies. Unless they are seriously claiming that you can hit a helicopter's tail rotor in such a confined space and it not crash...

The only thing to be seen is how they are going to follow the classic ending of the original.

Spoiler tags added by moderator - Cees.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Well, there's one less movie ticket to buy...

And to think some people believe that the complaints about trailers are exaggerated... ;)

DaveGR

Stunt Coordinator
Thats been a big problem recently,,there have been many films out recently that give away either the whole movie,or too much of the movie in the Trailer.

For Example,Phone Booth,I think a very short,small scene trailer would have helped,seeing as I figured out the whole plot,and ending in the trailer.The same with the Recruit.

Hmm Perhaps its a Farrel thing. I dunno. All I know is that they should figure out better ways of doing a trailer. Its so annoying to want to see a movie,but know everything about it in the trailer.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Typically, directors don't control the trailers of their films; they're at the mercy of the publicity department or whoever they contract out to assemble the trailers. There are exceptions, of course, but I'd guess that Gray isn't one of them.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Trailers are intended to get your butt in the seat. They really don't care whether the movie ends up being ruined for you by giving away too much.

The studios need direct feedback: "I was thinking of seeing the movie, but it looked like the trailer gave away the whole plot, so I didn't bother." If a few hundred representative people actually said that, they might get the idea.

//Ken

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
This film practically ruined by stay in Hollywood when I was there to see the 50th Annivesary of "This Is Cinerama" in October. My hotel was just down the street on Highland and it was almost impossible to get in and out because of the constant traffic jams as they were filming on Hollywood Blvd. in front of the Chinese. Anyway, it certainly looked more like an ad for the new mini Cooper. Trailers always gave away the story in the past. It has only been in the last 20 years or so that the trailer has become, "ambiguous".... mostly because there's no story anyway. :frowning:

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
I, for one, never quite understand the logic of "remake" on most, if not all, movies.

"Italian Job" is definitely one of my all time favorites, not in the same way as 7 Sumarai, Lawrence of Arabia, Third Man,.., but just great fun and special.

I was in my late teens when Italian Job was first released. A great deal of the charm of the movie was at the time, "car chase" stunts haven't been done to death, it was fresh. The cast was good and charming (a young Caine, a still relatively unknown Benny Hill, and the great Noel Coward), and I think in some ways, it's Europe's answer to Bullitt(Steve McQueen). Instead of the big muscled Mustang against Charger, it was Mini Coopers against Alfa Romeos (Italian Police Vehicles). The whole thing was quite clever.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Yep, I gotta agree here. Spoiler-wise, this one's the worst trailer since What Lies Beneath.

Movie could still be a good time tho. :)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Thanks to whoever put the spoiler tags on my spoiler. I should have realised that because we've established in the title that the whole movie was given away in the trailer, some readers here may not have seen this trailer. oops...

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Yet another reason I almost never go to the local multiplex these days. I hate spoilerific trailers.

ThomasJB

Auditioning
As someone I knew once said - why do they always try and remake the good movies?

Why not pick a bad movie and see if they can make it better this time?

There are plenty of bad movies to choose from without ruining the classics...

Bruce_S

Second Unit
I went to see a premiere of this movie yesterday without seeing the trailer. I'm glad I didn't because the trailer gave out the whole movie. The movie was better than I thought since I didn't know anything about it. I didn't know it was a remake. I hope the movie does alright at the box office. The cast did an excellent job and the movie was entertaining. Especailly toward the end!

Mini Cooper Rules! :)

bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks