What's new

New HDTV Channels coming to DirecTV (1 Viewer)

Scott_Sylke

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone else received this call from DirecTV lately "Hello, we are going to be releasing some new high def channels soon on DirecTV. Can you tune your receiver to channel 90? If you see a DirecTV logo you have the equipment necessary to receive the new channels"?

That is the basic jist of the conversation. I know ESPN should be coming soon. However, the rep said channel"s". Does anyone know of any other new HDTV channels that are under contract negotiations with DirecTV???

Just curious to hear any new scoop.

Thanks.

MikeM

Screenwriter
No, I didn't receive this call, but channel 90 is a testing channel for the 110 sattelite. I receive it, and it's showing that DirecTV logo in 480p.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Discovery HD has been on Dish for a year and DirecTV has been in "negotiations" every time anyone asks about it. ESPN HD just launched. Bravo HD and "Skinamax" HD have been announced. AVS Forum has a very good summary of all the announcements and rumors.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks