Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New HDTV Channels coming to DirecTV

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Scott_Sylke

Scott_Sylke

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted April 07 2003 - 11:39 AM

Has anyone else received this call from DirecTV lately "Hello, we are going to be releasing some new high def channels soon on DirecTV. Can you tune your receiver to channel 90? If you see a DirecTV logo you have the equipment necessary to receive the new channels"?

That is the basic jist of the conversation. I know ESPN should be coming soon. However, the rep said channel"s". Does anyone know of any other new HDTV channels that are under contract negotiations with DirecTV???

Just curious to hear any new scoop.

Thanks.
Scott
a.k.a. KCWolfPck
My Home Theater Set-up

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   MikeM

MikeM

Screenwriter

• 1,207 posts

Posted April 07 2003 - 01:24 PM

No, I didn't receive this call, but channel 90 is a testing channel for the 110 sattelite. I receive it, and it's showing that DirecTV logo in 480p.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted April 07 2003 - 01:48 PM

Discovery HD has been on Dish for a year and DirecTV has been in "negotiations" every time anyone asks about it. ESPN HD just launched. Bravo HD and "Skinamax" HD have been announced. AVS Forum has a very good summary of all the announcements and rumors.

-Robert