What's new

Ebay auction gone wrong (2 Viewers)

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I sold a lot of DVDs a while back on ebay. When the seller received them he complained that some were damaged. Some of this damage included fingerprints, which I can't really say should be considered damage. However he claims some were scratched and we tried to resolve the problem. Without getting into the specifics, I made him three offers and he didn't like them. I offered a refund for scratched ones but not for fingerprints. This was in case some were scratched during shipping as there were over 200 discs. Since this is an international auction he was upset that he would have to pay for shipping back.

He filed a fraud complaint with ebay. What do I do now? I would not like to ruin my good reputation over this as I have 26 good feedbacks. He also made up that I sent him an email calling him a loser or something. What do I do now?

James T

Screenwriter
e-mail Ebay with your side of the story and your resolutions that the seller rejected. It's better you tell them what happened rather than have e-bay come after you asking what happened.

Good luck with the results

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Make sure you post follow-ups telling your side of the story if he posts negative feedback. As for the guy claiming he was defrauded, I wouldn't worry to much about eBay coming after you. It's buyer beware.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Yep. eBay will do nothing to you. The worst you face now is a negative mark on your feedback from the buyer. Sounds like you just got a bad buyer. It happens; just look at those people with 3000 postive feedback and 5 negatives. You just can't please some people.

I would also advise you, at this time, to refuse helping this individual anymore. Once he resorts to attacking you, you should not go out of your way to make things "right" for him. He sounds like one of those people who will never be happy no matter what you do, so my vote is to give up now and let him live with it. If the DVDs were in good condition when you shipped them and you were up front and honest with the guy, you won't lose any sleep over it.

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
Thanks for the help. I'll file my response tomorrow. Ebay sends this really threatening email and at the end it says they don't endorse either side and it basically amounts to the fact that they can't do anything about it.

I offered him three refunds. He was upset because I originally charged him $50 less for shipping because I was trying to be nice since he had spent so much. Since he was complaining I offered to take back all of the DVDs he was unhappy with but I would subtract the $50. This wasn't good enough for him. I guess trying to be nice doesn't pay sometimes. Anyway that's one bad feedback unfortunately.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Sounds like a wanker. If they were advertised as used DVDs, then some wear and tear is expected unless you claimed they were dead mint. Just make sure to respond to any negative feedback before the window runs out.

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
Well I just posted my response. I had no problem taking back some of them and offered to do this three times. He is a re-seller and never contacted me before hand just to check about quality for reselling. He wanted a high value for them. I intended that someone would use them for their own personal use. Nevertheless fingerprints are to be expected. Ebay is really a buyer and seller beware service because they don't do anything if you have a complaint other than some type of threat. Oh well another lesson learned. :frowning:

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Ebay should side with u -Ive had to deal with them twice.

I won a auction for a Music DVD. I sent emails to the guy for 10 days and never heard from him. A MONTh later I started getting nopayment notices and he complained to ebay. I told them my side of the stoiry and they sided with me.(This jerk did leave negative feedback but so what its 1 bad out of 140 auctions)

Another auction, the guy was complaining about not getting payment. It took him 6 days to respond to my note asking for his address so I could ship a money order and hes complaining he didnt get payment within 10 days (ASSHOLE).
Again ebay took my side.

If hes being unreasonable Ebay may be able to help u.

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
Jon, do they actually follow up on these things? I sent them an email about him a few weeks ago as his emails were getting somewhat threatening. They just said sorry and that we should try to resolve the issue. That's a little hard to take when this guy keeps sending these emails about how I purposely did this and that I wasn't doing anything about it. I don't think he read what I sent him back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks