What's new

Toy Story 1&2 into the Disney Vault (1 Viewer)

Brenton

Screenwriter
I recently saw a commercial that said that the DVDs of Toy Story 1 and 2 would be going into the Disney Vault May 1 ["Depriving your child of a significant emotional milestone" -SNL]. The commercial showed the single-disc editions. I'm wondering if the three-disc Ultimate Toybox is also going into the vault, because I don't own it yet, and I am wondering if I should rush out and pick it up.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
What happened to the 10 titles in the vault and everything else would remain in print? The 10 titles in the Platinum series would be the only ones to go out of print. I'm positive I read this at one time. Did they change this policy?

Jeff

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I have a theory that the Disney Vault is a refrigerator. Don't ask me why, but I just think it is. ;) :D

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
The UTB is wonderful and certainly worth every penny. I think I spent about $40 on this baby the day it arrived at Best Buy. Now sets like this are going much less like the FOTR:EE for a mere $25.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
$25??!!!!
I was just at Best Buy this afternoon after work and saw it for $67.xx!!:angry: Point me in the direction of the savings!

Brenton

Screenwriter
I wonder if the Disney Vault is an actual physical vault that they actually put the discs into, or if it's just figurative and they actually BURN the discs in a big bonfire (the happiest bonfire on earth).

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the Disney Vault is an actual physical vault that they actually put the discs into, or if it's just figurative and they actually BURN the discs in a big bonfire (the happiest bonfire on earth).
Neither really. They simply halt production of the discs and stores sell off existing stock. They're not taken off shelves or anything. :)

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Hey folks, I know how to get this set for about $42 shipped from Amazon.ca. I'll post in my thread in the coupons forum about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks