Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

It's Done!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   KrisPfeiffer

KrisPfeiffer

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted April 06 2003 - 02:38 PM

After about eight months of off and on work, the Pfeiffer Movie Bunker is done.

Take a look at http://personalpages.tds.net/~kpfeif/

Parson the cheapo website. I never feel like coding at home.

Kris

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Kevinkall

Kevinkall

Second Unit

• 331 posts

Posted April 06 2003 - 02:44 PM

VERY NICE! I like the pool table!

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor

• 781 posts

Posted April 06 2003 - 03:22 PM

Oustanding!
Peter

My Collection

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Don Black

Don Black

Screenwriter

• 1,485 posts

Posted April 06 2003 - 03:31 PM

Cool! What screen is that? DIY?

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   jimbo w

jimbo w

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted April 06 2003 - 05:23 PM

Wow! Gives us all something to shoot for . Only thing I would add is a Pinball machine!
"When you have to shoot,shoot. Dont talk"

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Glenise

Glenise

Supporting Actor

• 778 posts

Posted April 06 2003 - 11:54 PM

Yes, is that a DIY screen? Looks very nice.

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   KrisPfeiffer

KrisPfeiffer

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted April 07 2003 - 03:16 AM

Thanks for all the feedback! Yes, that's a DIY Parkland Plastics screen. Over the next couple of weeks I'll add some pages detailing equipment, etc. I also have some construction photos I'll throw out there. Kris

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   T r o y

T r o y

Supporting Actor

• 649 posts

Posted April 07 2003 - 11:49 PM

Kris, Is that a DVOIscan doubler I see in your HT rack? Is that the new model? I have the first model that came out and gives me pretty good performance at the 480P level. Would love to upgrade to a 720P performance scaler, say with the Crystal Image, but just don't have the $$ to do so. Oh BTW, Awesome room! I just completed my room about a month or so ago and It is a great feeling to finally enjoy it now! Well Done! Later!
Outlaw 750 5 CH AMP
Yamaha DSP-A1
Sony BDP-S550
Monster Power
Mitsibishi HC-1500Klipsch KLF20Klipsch KLFC7Klipsch KSP-S6Velodyne F-1800XR

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Jeff Bamberger

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted April 08 2003 - 12:21 AM

Kris, Fabulous. Simple, yet elegant and quite functional looking. You used a lighter color on the walls...do you have any problems with light relection off that color? Now all I need to do is move to a house with space to do exactly what you did. Excellent work!

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Patrick Webb

Patrick Webb

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted April 08 2003 - 03:27 AM

Very nice, indeed! I noticed you have a "L" setup for you seating. This is something that I keep going back and forth with. Our existing basement has an "L" layout and I am not sure what to do for the new house. Did you go through any tough decisions with this?

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   KrisPfeiffer

KrisPfeiffer

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted April 08 2003 - 03:41 AM

Again, thanks for your kind words. Now for some answers... First, regarding the color we chose for the basement. The former owner had "finished" the basement before I bought the house. The color could be best described as dark Pepto-Bismol. It was bad. The dark color really absorbed all the light (provided then by 3 canned lights). I knew that we wanted a lighter color to give the basement a more open feel. Also, some of the walls that he had built were done very poorly - a dark color would expose he terrible drywall job. I did end up rebuilding many of the walls, anyway - he had furred out the walls using 2x2's 48" on center. Nice. We like the look of the white trim, too, as we've seen it in other houses. We're very pleased with the colors - they do give the room an open feel, yet we haven't had a problem with the light reflecting back onto the screen. The seating setup is an "L" mainly due to the fact that the furniture that is downstairs is what we had upstairs - we're used to the "L" setup. Now I wish I had some kind of tiered seating or something, but so far the L has worked out. I had people over for the first time last Saturday, and it seamed to work out ok. I'm sure we'll be tweaking it over the next couple of weeks. Tonight I'll try to get some more information out there - construction photos, the original design, some sketches, and construction details. Just for fun I can list some of the great things the previous owner did. You know, I started this project as a novice - I had never used a circular saw before, and I never drywalled in my life. I went to the library, read some books, did some research, and gave it a shot. That guy just made it up as he went along - and it showed. It's been a load road here, but it sure has been rewarding. ...and now for the baby room.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users