Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

ALR/Jordan speakers.......available in USA?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Debbie_L

Debbie_L

Stunt Coordinator

• 79 posts

Posted April 06 2003 - 01:18 PM

I'm hoping someone among our membership can help me out with this -- not having any luck locating them on my own, but did contact the company in Germany via e-mail and am waiting to hear back.

I am particularly interested in the ALR/Jordan Entry S -- it's a small 2-way speaker designed for wall-mounting and rates VERY highly with "What Hi*Fi?" magazine. I really need to stop reading British mags .....so much of the interesting stuff they write about doesn't seem to be available stateside. Posted Image

Any input is appreciated -- thanks!

Debbie

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Debbie_L

Debbie_L

Stunt Coordinator

• 79 posts

Posted April 07 2003 - 04:05 PM

Anybody?

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Debbie_L

Debbie_L

Stunt Coordinator

• 79 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 07:14 PM

OK, anybody in Canada know where these speakers can be purchased? I'm not having any luck locating a US dealer and my two e-mails to ALR/Jordan's info. dept. have gone unanswered.Posted Image

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Cam S

Cam S

Screenwriter

• 1,524 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 08:41 PM

Not too sure this is the Jordan company you are looking for but Creative Sound carries some, which can be found here.
MOOOOOO

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Debbie_L

Debbie_L

Stunt Coordinator

• 79 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 04:48 PM

Hi Cam,

Nope, the speakers on the link you provided are "EJ Jordan," whereas the ones I am looking for are "ALR/Jordans." Even so, I appreciate the fact that you took the time to respond and to try and help me out in my search Posted Image By the way.......I have a cat that looks exactly like yours! Posted Image

Thanks again,

Debbie

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   PaulT

PaulT

Supporting Actor

• 932 posts

Posted April 12 2003 - 07:07 AM

Debbie, it's a German company and as far as I can tell there are no North American Distributors. Here's a link:
http://www.alr-jorda....ributoren.html

..hey Cam, are your cats Birman's? I have one that thinks he's a dog.
"One of the problems of taking things apart and seeing how they work--supposing you're trying to find out how a cat works--you take that cat apart to see how it works, what you've got in your hands is a non-working cat." -- Douglas Adams

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Cam S

Cam S

Screenwriter

• 1,524 posts

Posted April 12 2003 - 08:09 AM

Paul, the cat in the picture is a Persian/Himalayan mix, and the one you can just barely see on the right of it is an orange tabby. My 3rd cat is a grey and white something or other, she was a stray, but has an incredibly soft coat of fur.
MOOOOOO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users