What's new

Which SVS is right for me? (1 Viewer)

Praful Patel

Auditioning
My house is almost done and I have purchased or ordered the following 7.1 set up for a room 22'x18'x9' for 70% movies and 30% music use.

TV - Sony 60" Grand Wega II (on order)
Recieber - Sony DA4ES
Center - Klipsch RC-7
Front L and R - Klipsch RF-5
Surrounds x4 - RCR-5

Ques 1 -
I have done alot of reading on this site and I know that
many movies do not go below 20 db but some do (AOTC). Is
there really that much difference between the PCi and PCPlus models. Should my room's size dictate which of these two models I should get.

Ques 2 -
For my listening habits (70% vs 30%) should I invest in the 16-46's or the 20-39's?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
Since you have very efficient speakers, I would recommend a powerful subwoofer, atleast a SVS PC-Plus subwoofer. And since you will be watching more movies, you will appreciate the extra "subwoofage." :D

So, overall, I would recommend the SVS 20-39 PC-Plus.

terence

Supporting Actor
I have 4ES and i'm running 7.1 as well in a 4000 cubic ft room Tom & Ron suggested 20-39PC+. Never been so happy with my HT! 20-39PC+ kicks ass! I think it would be great for your HT system.:emoji_thumbsup: :D

John Dunlap

Stunt Coordinator
One more vote for PC+. If you get a PCi, you'll just be lusting after a PC+ a year from now.

By the way, I have the 50" Sony Grand Wega II :emoji_thumbsup: . I think you will love it!!

TommyL

Supporting Actor
is it called the grand wega 2? how is it compared to other hdtvs? mitsu/pioneer elite etc?

John Dunlap

Stunt Coordinator
Tommy,

The model is Sony KF-__XBR800 and it is the 2nd generation of Sony's "Grand Wega" Projection LCD TV's.

My opinion is that the Sony is better than almost all CRT Rear Projection monitors with the possible exception of the Pioneer Elite line. Whether it's better than the DLP offerings from Samsung and Panasonic is really a matter of taste.

Only major downside of LCD is that the blacks look a little on the grey side and the Contrast ratio may not be as good as comparable CRT and DLP sets.

Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread! :D

Mitch E S

Stunt Coordinator
Tell your wife that I recommended dual 16-46PC+ :D

One 20-39PC+ will have to be good enough for now though!

Mitch

Chris Elm

Stunt Coordinator
Also send Tom or Ron from SVS an email. They are always willing to oblige with a suggestion.
So nice talking to the actual people who build your product.:emoji_thumbsup:

Vince Chan

Stunt Coordinator
I also recommend one from the PC+ line, probably a 20-39 (or two!) as it can go louder than the 16-46 since you have a fairly large room, or wait for the PB2+ to come out. Either one will be more than enough for you!

-Vince

Lee Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Lee Bailey
Our living room/home theater room is 24X16X8 with a catherdral ceiling that goes up to 11ft. Still using a 25-31PC and it shakes the house. HT use is 95%, with 5% music. Just how loud do you want to play at?

terence

Supporting Actor
By the way Terence what speakers are you using with the 7.1 setup
Sorry Praful for the delay, i'm running.

-Acoustic Research Stature S50 main
-Acoustic Research Stature S20 surrounds
-Acoustic Research Stature S20 surrounds backs
-Acoustic Research Stature SC2 center channel
-SVS 20-39 PC Plus 12”

They are pretty efficient speakers their frequency ranges from 89-91db of sensitivity. They sound great in my application.

Lynn Little

Stunt Coordinator
"Tell your wife that I recommended dual 16-46PC+"

I agree 100%. I have twin 16-46PC+s. There might not currently be a lot of

Praful Patel

Auditioning
Thanks, I will email SVS. Its great to hear they are so responsive.

Lee, I love to "crank" it up, but we are expecting our first baby the same week our house (and HT) are planned to be done. So I guess I won't be listening too loud with a new born ;)

Finally get the HT of my dreams but a baby girl, nothing can compare to that. We - no I - have been taking the baby to movies theaters and cranking up my current system so she gets used to loud noises :)

Geno

Supporting Actor
Which SVS is right for me?

duh! ALL OF THEM!! lol get one of each.
Sorry couldnt resist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks