What's new

Is an SA-WM40 suitable for my needs? (1 Viewer)

drexel

Agent
I recently decided to buy a new stereo for my room with the intentions of creating a louder music and movie environment consisting of a KLH 5.1 receiver and 2 KLH floor speakers (I know... not the most quality or elaborate setup, but hey... being a 10th grader without a job has its setbacks!) I only bought a surround sound receiver for a planned future upgrade of the additional 3 speakers.

But today, I am talking about bass! I am an avid [C]rap music listener and I was just looking for some loud as the dickens bass that will rattle my walls and send chills down my spine. I know from sifting through these forums that the WM40 doesn't have the "tightest" bass or play the deepest frequencies audible, but for someone who wants some obnoxiously loud bass for hip-hop and movie applications, is the SA-WM40 for me?

I've seen the WM40 vs. DLS thread, and I would have almost hands down sent out my order for the latter... but what's that you say??? not available as soon as I'm interested in buying one??? well to you, sir, I say horse-poo! I, for one, think all DLS threads should be banished for elevating the hopes that people have found the perfect budget sub, only to have their hopes crushed when they finally arrive at partsexpress.com

Anywho, my big question is if the SA-WM40 would be good for just pumping out some just-plain-loud bass for hip-hop/R&B/that-super-cool-new-vin-diesel-action-flick? Just remember that I need a loud sub and I want to keep it under 200 dollars shipped. So? :emoji_thumbsup: ? :thumbsdown: ? ;)

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
BAD NEWS.........after reading a few posts about the WM-40,I went to the Best Buy site,and the Sears website.Neither one has the WM-40 listed anymore.is it also gone ???????If you are interested in this sub,I recomend going to Best Buy or Sears today,and seeing if there is any store invintory left.Seeing how it is no longer on the websites,looks like when the in stock ones are gone ,its over.

drexel

Agent
I found them online at hypeaudio.com for about $150 shipped. I was going to order them later on today if nobody advised me otherwise.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
I liked my sony. Definitely good bass for the money.
I have however upgraded to a SVS, better bass for the money :) I sold my sony for $80 to a fellow HTF member.
I would recommend the sony.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I herd that drexel!;) It kind of turned out to be a fiasco with the amp problem. O-Well.:frowning: We can still hope for better days in the word of budget subs?

drexel

Agent
so, what do you think steve? should I settle for the WM40 as an alternative to the "mighty DLS from parts express"? keep in mind that I am looking for cheap, ridiculously too loud for my small bedroom bass.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Let me check on something for you drexel and I will get back to you in YGM format or in this thread. There definitely is a need here in this category of subs.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
That's probably your best bet. For the type of bass you want you'll be better off with the Sony. The DLS would be cleaner/more accurate but wouldn't be as impressive for "[c]rap music"! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks