Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Opinions of Dell's projectors

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   George_W_K

George_W_K

Screenwriter

• 1,475 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 05:54 PM

This isn't for me, but one of my friends was considering buying one of these to use in his apartment he just rented. I haven't done any research on projectors yet (still trying to upgrade my sound) and I was wondering what everyone's opinion of these are.

He's not sure of a price range, but I know it won't be more than what the 3200 sells for. Any other models he should be looking at?

http://www.dell.com/....roj_2100mp.htm http://www.dell.com/....roj_3200mp.htm

Thanks guys.
George

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   George_W_K

George_W_K

Screenwriter

• 1,475 posts

Posted April 07 2003 - 08:56 PM

This will be the only time I bump this.Posted Image

Can I attribute the lack of responses to no one seeing these projectors, or that eveyone thinks they are crap for HT?

OR both?Posted Image

What are the best projectors in the approx. $2000 range?
I might need the advice now too, because I think I am going to buy one in this range also, not sure yet. I currently have a 31" JVC and want a big picture, but I need to upgrade my sound first. So I figure I buy an entry level projector now and after I am done with audio, buy a higher end projector.

Can anyone give advice on this please? Thank you.

Regards,
George

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Lead Actor

• 8,341 posts

Posted April 08 2003 - 03:26 AM

I haven't seen this one in action yet. If your friend is coinsidering buying it, make sure he does a lengthy demo on one first. There are a few possible choices at that pricerange. There is CRT which can be available used, then there are a few digital hcoices that are popular right now including the Panasonic L300U, Sanyo Z1, Infocus X1, and Sony HS10 all around that price.
Click and enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
---------------------------------------------------------
My Home Theatre "The Holodeck"

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Bob Maged

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator

• 173 posts

Posted April 08 2003 - 05:51 AM

You should read this thread at the AVS Forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users