What's new

Kenwood VR-6070 closeout at BB: worth it? (1 Viewer)

NicholasL

Second Unit
wow, THX Select for this? Wouldn't that mean it sounds as good as any other receiver with THX Select? Sounds like a deal.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
I must be missing something because I do not see a price. I can get on the band wagon however, WOW great buy go for it dude!

Chad A

Stunt Coordinator
I have been considering an upgrade to this reciever myself.
I know one reputable online store has it listed now for $390, so if someone could list Best Buy's price I'd appreiciate it cause their search is turning up nothing on their site.

Kevin Co

Grip
I was there about 2 wks ago. I think it was $368. I'm not positive though. I ended up with the Yamaha HTR-5560 which was also $368. Since I got the last one, it was discounted another 10%. I picked this one because of the higher component video bandwidth (30MHz vs. 10 MHz).

Chad A

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to thank Sergio for the post and Kevin for the price.
I went to my local BB that had it for $386 which was a steal in my eyes but alas..........they were sold out.
A very nice salesman helped me find another store 20 miles away who were the only ones in my area who had it.
Long story short, I got a new 6070 for $329.99 and couldn't be happier.

Kevinkall

Second Unit
I bought this receiver about a month ago for $399($499-instant $100 gift card) from Best Buy. I couldn't be happier! Great sound and a TON of options. The RF remote is AMAZING and controls everything great! The only drawback I have found is having to listen to the test tones to adjust the speakers. This is a very minor flaw in an overall great receiver. I love having a 6.1 setup.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Kevinkall, if you bought the reciever less than a month ago, take you reciept back and get the price difference.

Kevin

Andy_SB

Agent
I think it's an absolute steal at $329. If you can find one, buy it.

I bought the 6060 a while back (same receiver with a few less features) and I've really enjoyed it. I was a little hesitant to buy a Kenwood (never had any experience with their receivers prior to this) but it sounded good in the store and it sounds even better with my Boston Acoustics setup.

It's got a ton of nice features, including a very good remote. Only drawbacks are the limited bandwidth for component video switching, a horrendous manual, and no on-screen display. However, the combination of sound, features, and price more than make up for these shortcomings IMHO.

- Andy

Kevinkall

Second Unit
I went to Best Buy today and price matched the kenwood 6070 from the price I bought it for 3 weeks ago...

$499- $100 instant gift card and $104 price match=$295!!!

The best deal I could imagine getting on a new receiver!!!!

THANKS KEVIN W. FOR REMINDING ME!!!!

Sergio Z.

Stunt Coordinator
picked it up today for $329 - hooray! should just get a cheap center for the rear center channel? i saw a klh (100w) for $59 but hesitated.

Rick_FL

Stunt Coordinator
you got it all backwards. you spend the big $$$ on speakers, and less on the receiver. A $59 center channel is gonna give you what you pay, $59 POS

Kevinkall

Second Unit
Hey Sergio enjoy the receiver! Also enjoy that AMAZING remote. I finally replaced all my remotes including my Xbox dvd remote with this great remote and it's RF to boot!

Also that KLH ins't a bad center for the price. I think it would make a decent temporary 6th channel.

ENJOY!

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
That KLH center isn't half bad, actually. I no longer use mine now that I have my N Center II, but I was surprised how well the KLH held up, as I wasn't expecting much from it.

Sergio Z.

Stunt Coordinator
guys, question, reading the manual and the speaker setup pics show 2 speakers for the rear surround in addition to the normal rear right and left surround speakers, BUT, there is only jack for the "Rear Center" speaker.
I was going to use a KLH center speaker anyway but 2 more instead of the one has me confused.
Are the 2 better than the 1?

Chad A

Stunt Coordinator
You will need a seperate amp to drive the 7th channel(which is exactly the same as the 6th rear channel).
Just run a cable from the pre-out for the 7th channel to an amp.
Unless you have a wide room it's not needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks