Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Inductive Dimmer

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Chris Burcik

Chris Burcik

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 01:01 AM

I have two strands of cable lighting that I am putting in my HT.... I want to dim them with X10 or something similar. The instructions for the light kit state to us an inductive dimmer. I did find one wall switch but I need two lamp modules to plug into the wall. Any help appreciated.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Ed O'Neill

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 12:22 AM

Hi Chris I used a x10 wall plate and I have even thought about buying their 8 in 1 universal remote. I think it's on sale now for $30 with a lamp module and an appliance module.They do sell lamp modules seprately. I am really not sure what inductive dimmer means. Did you visit their site? Hope this helps Ed O'Neill

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Chris Burcik

Chris Burcik

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 02:14 PM

Hope this might help someone else also..... After a lot of browsing and research, you are only supposed to use an inductive dimmer with a magnetic transformer. You can use a standard dimmer with an electronic transformer. I found conflicting accounts of what would happen when using a standard dimmer with a magnetic transformer. A few sources said it would work fine, others said it would damage the transformer or possibly be a fire hazard. Bottom line.....I ordered two electronic transformers for the cable lamp kits so that they can be dimmed with the standard X10 Lamp Modules. Thanks for the reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users