What's new

Where to place surrounds? (1 Viewer)

TommyL

Supporting Actor
normally the side walls work well set up 2-3 feet above ear level...what kind of speakers? I think most would say ear level or above facing each other works well...tl

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Of course the HTF beginner's guide says to only do the side mounting of the surrounds if the speakers are dipole, so that kind of muddles things a bit. When we move into the new house we are renovating, I plan on mounting my monopole surrounds (JBL N24 IIs) 2-3 feet above ear level on the sides, per the Dolby and DTS specifications. I am curious as to how it will sound, as I have always had my surrounds on stands slightly above ear level in the rear.

Thanks, I have definitive technology BP2x (bipolar).

With the seating on the back wall would it be advisable to place them close to the corners on the side wall?

I have my Def Tech BP1.2x in the corners on my back wall with the couch up against the wall. I went out and bought a couple of corner shelving units at Home Depot and the speakers just fit for the most part. The front just hangs over about 1/4 inch or less. My back speakers are white so you don't notice it too much. I like the way the sound moves "around" you along the walls.
I was going to upgrade to the BP2x last year when Tweeter had a used pair on sale but I missed out on them.

PAT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks