What's new

NBA 2K3 Playoffs XBox Live!! (1 Viewer)

I am proposing an XBox live tournament for anyone interested. I will post the rules below but am open to changes.

We will take only the teams that make the playoffs this year and divide them via lottery among the first 16 HTF members that post responses. The lottery will be administered by an outside, non-playing party, preferably an administrator (hope you don't mind me asking guys). I am open to expanding this to all teams if we get enough interest.

We can play best of seven series, best of five, or best of three...let me know your opinion. These games would have to be played in their entirety. If any games are quit the player then quits the entire series. Let me know if anyone has ideas on how to tackle the disconnect problem. These games would also need to be played within a set time frame and scores reported by both parties to verify winners.

We would play with default camera angles unless both parties agree to changes.

Let me know if you have anymore ideas on how to make this work. I think this will also be a way to find more "friends" for Live play!

Steve Hurst

No NBA 2K3 Live players?

Man, and I thought this would be a lot of fun! Last shot, I will not bumb this again so as not to annoy.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I dont have NBA2k3 but it seems like there are not a lot of players of the basketball games on this forum. Mostly NHL and NFL guys.

capt

Howie A

Second Unit
I would be into trying the tournament. I have not played
NBA 2k3 online all that much. I am not sure I am that
experienced but what do I have to lose.

I know I would have no problem playing with the default
view though I would prefer to be zoomed in a bit more.
I think I use 4, 3, 1 ; key zoom on.
I think the default is 5,4,1 ; key zoom off..

Slowly but surely we are getting there. Howie, those settings wouldn't bother me, but I think we would use default unless both parties agreed on a change.

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
I have yet to play it online, but I'm game to get slapped around some by the pros here. :)

Gary, Peter...thank you for joining the party.

I have to say that I don't want to jinx anything but I am close to securing a very nice prize for the winner of the tourny. I thought we might make it a bit more interesting if we had a little incentive. More to come.

Steve

Howie A

Second Unit
You got my attention. :D
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Howie A

Second Unit
For those of you that don't have a live tags.
What are your live names? This way I can add you
to my friends list. If I see you on, I can invite
you into a game and get a feel as to what I am in for.
Or if I am completely out of my league...
If you see me on feel free invite me.
I have school Tues, Thurs nights till about 8:30 PM (est)
But I have been known to take out some frustrations in Ghost Recon Live..

RadioThumb is my gamer Tag

And the prize is official.

I will announce it when we have 16 teams. I promise everyone it is worth your time.

Steve

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
my tag is MrBrett
you might as well just take that free t-shirt and head home, this prize is mine baby!!

A t-shirt:rolleyes:Not even close. When the prizes (did I say prizes...plural...yes I did!) are announced you guys will wonder...How is he giving this away? The answer of course is, I will win...so the prizes will be mine!

I think I will announce both prizes just before tournament start and let the winner pick which prize he or she may want. I will announce it by taking a picture of myself and each prize, just to prove this is for real.

Howie, I saw you online, sorry I couldn't play. The wifey was calling. I look forward to playing soon though.

Keep recruiting guys...we need 16 players!

Steve

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
That was a White Men Can't Jump quote.

"Is that all you got, if it is you better just take that free t-shirt and head home."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks