What's new

Is it Fast Hamburger Fraud?? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
IMHO it seems to me that the Fast Food burger joints have been getting away with false advertisements for years. They always display a fabulously beautiful & highly stacked hamburger in the ads, but what you really get bears no resemblance to the ad at all. Now I say that these businesses should be required to either sell us a burger that exactly matches the ad or they should be required to show what we really get in the ads. What do you think? ;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It wouldn't be FAST anymore if you wanted the hamburger prepared as depicted in the promotional displays.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
If I want a fabulously beautiful burger, I'll make it myself or go someplace like Fuddrucker's, where you essentially do build it yourself.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Forget the burgers. I want all the beer companies to guarantee that when I snap the cap I will immediately be surrounded by a bevy of beautiful party girls. After all, they advertise that this happens whenever you use their product. :)

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Look, I totally agree with the picture vs. what you really get crap. Not so much on the burgers, though, but on the fries.

Nearly every time I hit McDonalds, the fries are only partially filled. You know how the back of the box is taller than the front? Well, they fill it up to the top of the front. This got so bad at the McDs close to my office that I filed a complaint with corporate headquarters.

That solved the problem for a couple of months, but now they're right back to ripping people off.

The pictures in all of their restaurants show fries overflowing from the box. The fries they sell should look the same. I once told them that I wanted my box of fries to look like the one in the picture, and they just sat there dumbfounded. They had no idea how to respond.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
That solved the problem for a couple of months, but now they're right back to ripping people off
I'm not sure complaining to the Corporate office does much good. I complained about a certain McDonalds store here in Toledo to the Corporate office 3 times about the absolute inability of the employees to fill my orders correctly. It made a minor improvement for 2 weeks before the inherent dumbness of the employees returned. Plus the people at the Corporate office did not seem real interested in my idea of the problem & the solution that I proposed. So I guess I'm not surprised that the "fix" did not last.

Anders Englund

Second Unit
BrettB, that won't matter. All he has to do is survive a drive-by shooting. Then he'll have plenty of weapons. :)

--Anders

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Ah, I remember the marbles in the soup advertisements to make the soup look thicker. Or how about those cherry pies from, I think Hostess, that were mostly white grapes. Or the "clam" chowder with chicken pieces... or, it goes on and on. Welcome to the real world!

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
Remember Michael Douglas in "Falling Down"
:angry: :angry:

"This is what I mean, You have it looking so nice in the picture, then you give me this.."

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I don't know why I like that movie, but I do. It kind of accurately depicts the Hollywood lowlife losers well. I always get a kick out of seeing the looks of horror on tourists' faces when they see what the real Hollywood is like.

And the McDonald's at the southeast corner of Hollywood and La Brea offers mushy, overly sweet quasi-burgers after you work your way through a crowd of losers who look like they just got out of County Jail.

Ah, Hollywood.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
First off, I totally agree with just about all of this thread.

But I have to ask a question? Why do people even go to McDonald's anymore? I mean yeah when I was a kid I was suckered by their Happy Meal gig and forced my parents to go. But once I went to college and had a taste of In-n-Out and Fatburger (and the Apple Pan but that's a one-off that isn't available outside of Los Angeles) I have NEVER gone back. Ever. I don't even consider those "hamburgers" they serve to be burgers (hence the quotation marks).

I mean I understand if I was starving and broke and needed the $.49 deal or whatever, but if I have money and a choice, I never go there. Doesn't everyone think their food just tastes...gross?

Shane Bos

Second Unit
agree's with Carlo.

I would only eat at Peter's Drive-In, if there were more than 1 and it wasn't an hour and a half drive to get there. However their burgers and milkshakes are supreme and cheap.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Why do people even go to McDonald's anymore? I mean yeah when I was a kid I was suckered by their Happy Meal gig and forced my parents to go.
That's it right there. We were suckered into it when we were kids and some of us never lost that craving. I totally understand that McDonalds is a total loss for any nutrionional value, but I'm addicted to it like crack.

Once they get you in, they've got you hooked. Luckily, you've been able to break away from the cravings :emoji_thumbsup: but most of us haven't.

LewB

Screenwriter

I hate to admit it, but I'm still a sucker for a Big Mac, and I still think that McDonald's fries are pretty good. That is, when the food is properly prepared. There is one McDonald's in the area that I like to say 'Always finds new ways to disappoint me' It's the usual stuff, either the construction of the Big Mac is faulty, there is too much lettuce in the box and not on the burger, the fries are under/over done too much/little salt.
I once had to wait for french fries at high noon, that one floored me.
I think this is pretty typical of what's going on since McDonald's is having big problems keeping their customers and admits that their quality needs work. I haven't seen the in-and-out places here in the east that you folks keep talking about. I guess I'll have to get by with Wendy's, my new favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks