Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Xbox Wolfenstein Hands On

Xbox

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#21 of 25 Adam Nixon

Adam Nixon

Second Unit

• 334 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 10:42 AM

I must be the only person on this board that's underwhelmed by this title -- I'd like to see some original games take advantage of live instead of another PC port.

#22 of 25 Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor

• 932 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 11:52 AM

Yeah, the crypt's and the factory were pretty dark but, that's because of the inherent "atmosphere" of the level, I believe.

Some games are like this. The Thief series required me to play only at night, in my darkened computer room.

Now that I think about it, the port of Doom/DoomII that came out when the Playstation (1) was brand new, had some levels that were so damn dark that they were kinda hard to see even sitting in a dark room.
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.

#23 of 25 Dave F

Dave F

Screenwriter

• 2,891 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 12:39 PM

Quote:
RTCW was 16:9 480p native
The OXM demo is 4:3.

-Dave
DVD List

#24 of 25 DwightK

DwightK

Second Unit

• 269 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 12:52 PM

I can't beat the fire guy in the one demo level:b

My one question/reservation is that the demo had reload set to pressing the stick and I can never set anything to that as I press down too hard all the time. In ever fight I am constantly reloading my weapon and crouching/standing upPosted Image Does not make for good tactics.

Anyone know if you can change controls?

#25 of 25 James Zos

James Zos

Supporting Actor

• 727 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 05:36 PM

Didn't OXM carry a review of the full game along with the demo in their issue? If so, how was the review?

I hadn't heard that the new version will come with Wolf3D. Awesome! I believe that was the first FPS I ever played. Killing Nazis never gets old.