Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Xbox Wolfenstein Hands On

Xbox

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#21 of 25 OFFLINE   Adam Nixon

Adam Nixon

Second Unit

• 334 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 10:42 AM

I must be the only person on this board that's underwhelmed by this title -- I'd like to see some original games take advantage of live instead of another PC port.

#22 of 25 OFFLINE   Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor

• 932 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 11:52 AM

Yeah, the crypt's and the factory were pretty dark but, that's because of the inherent "atmosphere" of the level, I believe.

Some games are like this. The Thief series required me to play only at night, in my darkened computer room.

Now that I think about it, the port of Doom/DoomII that came out when the Playstation (1) was brand new, had some levels that were so damn dark that they were kinda hard to see even sitting in a dark room.
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.

#23 of 25 OFFLINE   Dave F

Dave F

Screenwriter

• 2,891 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 12:39 PM

Quote:
RTCW was 16:9 480p native
The OXM demo is 4:3.

-Dave
DVD List

#24 of 25 OFFLINE   DwightK

DwightK

Second Unit

• 269 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 12:52 PM

I can't beat the fire guy in the one demo level:b

My one question/reservation is that the demo had reload set to pressing the stick and I can never set anything to that as I press down too hard all the time. In ever fight I am constantly reloading my weapon and crouching/standing upPosted Image Does not make for good tactics.

Anyone know if you can change controls?

#25 of 25 OFFLINE   James Zos

James Zos

Supporting Actor

• 727 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 05:36 PM

Didn't OXM carry a review of the full game along with the demo in their issue? If so, how was the review?

I hadn't heard that the new version will come with Wolf3D. Awesome! I believe that was the first FPS I ever played. Killing Nazis never gets old.