What's new

How much does X-Box live cost? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Hey all, sorry if this has been covered already but I couldn't find it in the search I did. I just recently got broadband and am now seriously interested in getting X-Box live up and going on to play online. What does it cost though, I know the starter kit costs $50 but is there a monthly charge? also for those that are knowledgable, my computer where I'm hooked up to cable is in another room in my house from my X-Box and the cable outlet in my X-Box room is already taken so if I were to hook up to X-Box live how would I do it under these circumstances? thanks.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Keith, the $50 will get you the starter kit & cover you for the first 12 months of service. Microsoft hasn't said yet how much the service will be after that, & what time length that service will cover (monthly or yearly).

As for the hookup, you could either run ethernet cable from the computer room or use a wireless router. There are others with better knowledge than I - I'm sure someone else can give you more technical info.

Hope this helps!

Calvin

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
What if my surge protector has cable plugins? could I use those to plug the cable modem up to it? also since Micrsoft has not yet said a cost yet is there a chance that they could change it after I got my account set up and make me start paying the new cost or is it after the first year that they would do that?

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
No, until further notice, if you buy a Live kit, you get 12 months of service included. We are in no danger of this policy changing until atleast the fall. So if you get it before November, you are assured to have 12 months included for $49.99. I think Microsoft may announce a new price model at E3. We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks