What's new

Mr.Bean The Sequal? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
This movie did such great buisness, I'm surprised a Sequal hasn't been announced yet. Especially since this first movie was filled with so many recycled bits from the TV series, it would be great to see some NEW material for a sequal this time around :)..

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I hope there isn't a sequel. Or if there is to be one, I hope it'll do a better job of capturing the quirky feel of the TV show. I felt the first movie lost a lot of its charm by taking Mr. Bean out of Britain and sticking him in a standard comedy plot.

To this day I just try to pretend the movie never happened and that Rowan Atkinson doesn't even know who Peter MacNicol is :p

OcieB

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah i agree that the movie was a huge dissapointment. i would like to see the TV show started up again though, man i had some good times staying up and watching it dreadfully late years ago... cant wait for the complete mr bean to be released.
-ocie

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
I think the main problem with the movie was that it re-used too many jokes from the original TV episodes. It should've focused more on new material instead of re-hashing older gags. Most of the die-hard Bean fans already knew the jokes (and they were better done on the TV shows) and they just weren't as funny in the film.

But then again, I know people who went into Bean without ever seeing the TV show and they thought the film was absolutely hilarious from beginning to end. So, I guess the filmmakers were trying to balance things out.

I wouldn't mind a sequel as long as this time around, they do a lot more new material.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks