Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Mr.Bean The Sequal?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   DeathStar1

DeathStar1

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 10:21 AM

This movie did such great buisness, I'm surprised a Sequal hasn't been announced yet. Especially since this first movie was filled with so many recycled bits from the TV series, it would be great to see some NEW material for a sequal this time around Posted Image..

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Felipe S

Felipe S

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 02:36 PM

I thought that's what Johnny English is trying to accomplish Posted Image

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   LennyP

LennyP

Supporting Actor

• 587 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 03:51 PM

Yo, Mr. Bean is da bomb in Johnny English man! Posted Image

I can't wait for it.
Top: 1-10 | 11-20 | Complete Archives | Discs: 1397
New R1: Cube SE | Cube² | Noir Vol.1 | .hack//Sign Vol.1 | RahXephon Vol.1 | Assassins | Judge Dredd | One Hour Photo | Unfaithful

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Ricardo C

Ricardo C

Producer

• 5,060 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 08:49 PM

I hope there isn't a sequel. Or if there is to be one, I hope it'll do a better job of capturing the quirky feel of the TV show. I felt the first movie lost a lot of its charm by taking Mr. Bean out of Britain and sticking him in a standard comedy plot.

To this day I just try to pretend the movie never happened and that Rowan Atkinson doesn't even know who Peter MacNicol is :P

Man, an hour wasted on this sig! Thanks, Toshiba! :P

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   OcieB

OcieB

Stunt Coordinator

• 107 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 09:59 AM

Yeah i agree that the movie was a huge dissapointment. i would like to see the TV show started up again though, man i had some good times staying up and watching it dreadfully late years ago... cant wait for the complete mr bean to be released.
-ocie
S&S Greatest Films Club: 60 viewed. Last Viewed: L'Avventura(B+)
in no particular order: my top 20
my DVD collection
"'Gentleman, you can't fight in here, this is the War Room!'" - Dr. Strangelove
"'You ever been in love, Mac?' 'No, I've been a bartender all my life'" - My Darling...

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Walt Riarson

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor

• 809 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 08:55 AM

I think the main problem with the movie was that it re-used too many jokes from the original TV episodes. It should've focused more on new material instead of re-hashing older gags. Most of the die-hard Bean fans already knew the jokes (and they were better done on the TV shows) and they just weren't as funny in the film.

But then again, I know people who went into Bean without ever seeing the TV show and they thought the film was absolutely hilarious from beginning to end. So, I guess the filmmakers were trying to balance things out.

I wouldn't mind a sequel as long as this time around, they do a lot more new material.

"My advice to young film-makers is this: Don't follow trends. Start them!" -- Frank Capra

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   BrentPollard

BrentPollard

Second Unit

• 447 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 04:04 AM

I would rather see a "Black Adder" movie than a sequal to "Bean"Posted Image

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Jason Guardiano

Jason Guardiano

Stunt Coordinator

• 136 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 06:05 AM

Yes! Blackadder the Movie Posted Image