What's new

Bass Peak Question? (1 Viewer)

Kevinkall

Second Unit
I own the Kenwood 6070 and don't understand what the BASS PEAK feature does. Can anyone please explain what this feature does. The manual is no help at all! It allows me to change the level from -30 to zero and I can also turn it off. I'm currently using JBL bookshelf speakers for my fronts and the SONY WM-40 sub(modded). Any suggestions on what I should have this set to? Thanks in advance for any replies.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
The bass peak feature will cap the output to the subwoofer no matter the volume of the signal. That sounds confusing. Basically, you'd want to set that level to just below where you start stressing, bottoming out the sub, and no matter how loud the bass is, it will limit what is sent to the sub so that it doesn't bottom out, etc. I would leave this off, or turned all the way up, and just use a little judgement for when you're getting too loud for the WM40. You can experiment a little with it if you want too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks