Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I'm a home-owner now!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,398 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 07:24 AM

welp, i just bought my first house. i'm totally excited and nervous!

it's a 4 bedroom, 2 bath, with a very nicely landscaped front and backyard. it's about 10 years old, but in great shape - at least i sure hope so!

the backyard is pretty big, with lots of room for the kids to run around. big trees in front and back already too!

i'm ridin' high on the debt-burdened highway of life! Posted Image

yay!

#2 of 9 Mathew Shelby

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit

• 344 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 07:31 AM

Much congratulations on the home purchase. Take care of it and it will take care of you when it is time to move...

#3 of 9 Michael Pineo

Michael Pineo

Stunt Coordinator

• 138 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 08:33 AM

Congratulations! I know how you feel. My wife and I will be closing on our first home at the end of this month. It's amazing how excited you can get taking on that much debt Posted Image

MikeP

#4 of 9 Angelo.M

Angelo.M

Producer

• 4,007 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 08:37 AM

Congratulations!

Don't think of it as debt, think of it as a continuing investment. Just bought my second in 3 years, and I was almost floored by how much the 1st house appreciated in a very short period of time.

#5 of 9 DonRoeber

DonRoeber

Screenwriter

• 1,851 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 08:39 AM

Congrats! My fiancee and I had a good chuckle at the realators when they closed. We looked at the bottom line, and said "joke's on them, we don't have that much money!"

We're happy in our house,but plan to move to something bigger (so we can start a family) in about 3 years or so.
Luckily, right at that moment, an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof.

He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

#6 of 9 Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 08:45 AM

Being a home owner is not debt, it's income. Congrats! My house has nearly doubled. Six months ago, the neighbors house appraised for $490k. Were talking 3 bedroom 2 bath here. Needless to say, I'm excited.

Peace Out~D
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#7 of 9 MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto

Screenwriter

• 2,371 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 08:50 AM

Congrats! Got into my first house last month and have been loving every minute. Its so nice to know that my mortgage checks actually mean something as compared to rent checks.
Michael Alletto

#8 of 9 Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson

Screenwriter

• 1,911 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 08:50 AM

I bought my first home just over a year ago and it's great. I thought the best part about being a home owner was not having to worry about disturbing or being disturbed by the neighbors any more till I got my tax return back. Not only is this place $100 per month cheaper than the apartment I just moved out of the tax man gives me back close to another $100 per month thanks to mortgage interest deduction. If you add it all up that means I'm paying no more for this house than the cheapest one bedroom apartment in town Posted Image

#9 of 9 Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,398 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 09:16 AM

thanks guys! and congrats to all you other recent homeowners too!

i know i joked about the debt thing, but i'm really excited! i do view this as an investment opportunity and a chance to finally have some equity.

now to find me the equivalent of htf for home improvement!

Posted Image

btw ron - i've seen your garage. that should tack on an extra 40k easy! Posted Image