What's new

I'm a home-owner now! (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
welp, i just bought my first house. i'm totally excited and nervous!

it's a 4 bedroom, 2 bath, with a very nicely landscaped front and backyard. it's about 10 years old, but in great shape - at least i sure hope so!

the backyard is pretty big, with lots of room for the kids to run around. big trees in front and back already too!

i'm ridin' high on the debt-burdened highway of life! :D

yay!

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
Much congratulations on the home purchase. Take care of it and it will take care of you when it is time to move...

Michael Pineo

Stunt Coordinator
Congratulations! I know how you feel. My wife and I will be closing on our first home at the end of this month. It's amazing how excited you can get taking on that much debt :)

MikeP

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations!

Don't think of it as debt, think of it as a continuing investment. Just bought my second in 3 years, and I was almost floored by how much the 1st house appreciated in a very short period of time.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Congrats! My fiancee and I had a good chuckle at the realators when they closed. We looked at the bottom line, and said "joke's on them, we don't have that much money!"

We're happy in our house,but plan to move to something bigger (so we can start a family) in about 3 years or so.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Being a home owner is not debt, it's income. Congrats! My house has nearly doubled. Six months ago, the neighbors house appraised for $490k. Were talking 3 bedroom 2 bath here. Needless to say, I'm excited.

Peace Out~D

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Congrats! Got into my first house last month and have been loving every minute. Its so nice to know that my mortgage checks actually mean something as compared to rent checks.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I bought my first home just over a year ago and it's great. I thought the best part about being a home owner was not having to worry about disturbing or being disturbed by the neighbors any more till I got my tax return back. Not only is this place $100 per month cheaper than the apartment I just moved out of the tax man gives me back close to another $100 per month thanks to mortgage interest deduction. If you add it all up that means I'm paying no more for this house than the cheapest one bedroom apartment in town :)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
thanks guys! and congrats to all you other recent homeowners too!

i know i joked about the debt thing, but i'm really excited! i do view this as an investment opportunity and a chance to finally have some equity.

now to find me the equivalent of htf for home improvement!

:D

btw ron - i've seen your garage. that should tack on an extra 40k easy! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks