What's new

CLD-D704 tray problems (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i recently scored a pioneer cld-d704 from ebay, for a pretty good price ($266). so i get the thing powered up, and the tray wont open. the cd tray wont open either. it sounds like its not even trying to open it either, no motors seem to be activating. i'm not sure if i would hear them if it was working properly. anyway, does anyone know what the problem could be? i have a 7 day return policy from the guy who i bought it from on ebay, but i would rather not eat the shipping costs both ways. and i paid so little for the thing, if i could get it fixed for not a TON of money, i'd be willing to do that. ive posted this in alt.video.laserdisc as well, just to get maximum exposure. i know there are a lot of ld wizards here too, hopefully some kind sould can point me in the right direction. and i was looking forward to hearind star wars in dolby digital 5.1 today too, ahh such sweet sorrow. many thanks in advance.

CJ

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
suh-weet, it appears to have been fixed. i took it apart, tinkered with it, and now its working, thats the short story version. anyway, i'm very happy with this players performance so far, i had no idea ld could look this good.

CJ

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
shipping and ld players don't mix.
even after double boxing and great packing
it took a year to get fed ex to pay for repair charges when they dumped my 79 upside down on my doorstep
have fun
grant

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Well congrats on getting it working again.

I'm glad I found a CLD-59 locally as a replacement for my 605, which I still need to get fixed. I really should check out this place at Sunset as Grant suggested back then :D.

-Christian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks