What's new

PC, XBOX or PS2 (1 Viewer)

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
As a fan of Indy Jones and the Infernal Machine, I decided to wait for the new Emperor's Tomb and see if my computer was capable of playing it. From looking at the box I seem to be on the fence for meeting the minimum requirements. I don't want to upgrade anymore, and am thinking of going to a console, probably the XBOX. I'm hoping that the bugs that frequently pop up in PCs games will be a thing of the past!

Are the consoles better than PC for similar games? One thing that concerns me is the resolution, but in-store displays are usually on faded and cheap TVs so it's hard to compare. I have a 17" monitor and a 27" TV in good shape.

Thanks.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Wayne,

The real difference is can you (personally) trade a mouse and keyboard for a controller? I can and play a lot of FPS games on Xbox, but some folks just don't like the controller. Mouse/keyboard is better hands down, but if you can live with a controller a console is a good move.

I would suggest the Xbox as Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Indy, and Halo(2) are all worth the price of admission.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Well, a console will never beat a monitor for resolution but, as programmers get better with the 'Box, I think you'll see more and more 720p support and, finally 1080i support.

While it's still lower than a good pc/monitor, I can't see where Halo 2 in 720p widescreen, on a 60" monitor is going to look..."bad"?!!?

Not to mention the entire "experience" you'll get with a bigscreen razor sharp picture, and a kicking home theater, will surpass sitting in front of a monitor with pc speakers.

I'd say get an Xbox.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I've had an Xbox for over a year now and absolutely love it. I also recently purchased a Gamecube to enjoy a few exclusive titles (Metroid, Zelda, Eternal Darkness, and Rogue Leader). There are only a very small number of exclusive titles that I'm interested in on the PS2, and many titles on the Xbox. Even if some titles are not exclusive, they are almost always better versions (i.e., Max Payne, Splinter Cell, etc.). Plus, for $199 you cannot go wrong -the most powerful system on the market, no need for memory cards, you can easily mod it and upgrade it capabilities, two good games included, a great controller, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks