-

Photo
- - - - -

Less than a week till the toughest decision this year

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 John-Miles

John-Miles

Screenwriter

• 1,201 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 02:59 AM

Final Fantasy Orgins, and Splinter Cell both comming out on the same day in less than a week, im getting both, hell I have already paid for both at EB, but whych one do i play first?

on the one hand FF has the nostalgia...... plus i want to see what they ahve done with it. on the other hand Splinter Cell is a game I have been waiting for since ebfore i ehard about Orgins comming out... WTD?

sorry for this post i know its not informative but i ahd to share or bust.
Cheers

John

#2 of 10 James T

James T

Screenwriter

• 1,643 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 04:01 AM

I say you play Splinter Cell first. When you get frustrated(won't be too long) because you can't figure out how to move on, then play FF.

#3 of 10 John-Miles

John-Miles

Screenwriter

• 1,201 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 07:57 AM

Oh James where is the faith?

though i think i might take your advice, for the added reason that i might get too hooked on FF

of course there is the slow pace of FF especialyl compared to the more recent ones tht might drive me more nuts.
Cheers

John

#4 of 10 JamesH

JamesH

Supporting Actor

• 664 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 06:31 PM

I would get FFO. It's likely to see a much more limited release and you could end up paying more than retail if you wait on buying it. Splinter Cell, on the other hand, you'll likely be able to find used at Blockbuster for $20 in a few months.

#5 of 10 John-Miles

John-Miles

Screenwriter

• 1,201 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 09:27 PM

James, read above, i guess you missed it, but I have already paid for both, pre order at EB Posted Image

its just a question of what to play first Posted Image
Cheers

John

#6 of 10 JamesH

JamesH

Supporting Actor

• 664 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 04:37 PM

WTF? Somehow I completely ignored what the original post said. Anyways, I'd play them both at the same time. I like getting an action game and an RPG together since you can budget your time between them so that you don't finish the action game too quickly.

#7 of 10 John-Miles

John-Miles

Screenwriter

• 1,201 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 12:41 AM

Yes yes, now if i only had a PS1 or another PS2 i could hook up both players to my tv and use the PIP to really play both at the same time Posted Image
Cheers

John

#8 of 10 Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden

Second Unit

• 458 posts

Posted April 05 2003 - 11:00 AM

I'd start with Splinter Cell, it's not nearly as long as I'm sure FF will end up being...

That is, if you are like me, and when a new game catches your fancy, you have trouble ever going back Posted Image

#9 of 10 DaveGTP

DaveGTP

Screenwriter

• 2,096 posts

Posted April 08 2003 - 11:30 AM

All I can say is, the prices for FF Anthology and FF Chronicles have either gone up or not really dropped at all. FF Chronicles still goes for $25-45, ditto for Anthology. Tactics got up to about $80 a few years back before Square got smart and re-released it. After seeing the way some prices never really go down, even for a used copy, I will pick up FFO new. Even though I can't play it for quite a while.
Matheson- "There are probably some who'll say that by doing this, we are interfering with their culture."

Gideon - "Probably. Screw them."
-Crusade, Visitors from Down the Street

#10 of 10 John-Miles

John-Miles

Screenwriter

• 1,201 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 02:52 AM

Ahhhhh only 5 hours till i can have both game sin my hand, 10 minutes after that till i walk into my house and pop them into the PS2.... damn i cant wait.
Cheers

John