Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

E.R. (or ER) and Smallville: The Cat's Out of the Bag!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 01:51 AM

I realize that Jesse has started a Smallville-only version of this thread, but he's done a huge disservice by not mentioning the other show!

At the very bottom of today's news over at DVDFile.com:

"Rounding out today's news, word has just come in from Warner Home Video to watch for - at long last - E/R: The Complete First Season and Smallville: The Complete First Season in late summer/early fall. Specs for these sets are not yet available, but as always, watch this space!"

TVShowsOnDVD.com had been given the same information at the beginning of this week, but had been asked not to share it. Since the cat is now out of the bag, we will make sure our loyal followers are filled in. We should point out, though, that the timeframe we were told was more like late fall/early winter. Even this was surprising, especially for Smallville, since in January a Warner executive was quoted as saying that the super-show wouldn't make it until "next year".

Also note that DVDFile was referring to the 1994 series "ER" (or "E.R."), and not the 1984 series "E/R" (a natural mistake, since George Clooney is in the cast of both shows).

Keep in mind that nothing is set in stone yet, and everything is still being negotiated. Let's not jeopardize these releases by getting ahead of ourselves. When specs and release dates are finalized, we'll have that info for you.

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 03:09 AM

ER is a series I might check out if the price is right. I may give Smallville another chance too, if the price AND the features are right.
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 03:25 AM

David: Sorry for not mentioning ER. I don't watch the show, and so I singled out Smallville. Perhaps our threads should merge?
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um...easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
--Michael Scott, The Office

"When I get sad I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story."
--Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 03:30 AM

That would be fine with me; just keep the subject in a manner that reflects both shows so everyone knows what's in there.

I definately understand what you did; the reason I started a separate thread was so that ER fans knew what was going on, too! Posted Image

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Michael Martin

Michael Martin

Screenwriter

• 1,129 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 07:22 AM

I have two hopes for the ER Season One (and the rest) release:

*Some commentaries and/or BTS stuff

*Restored footage, as Warner's did with Friends

From what I understand, Warner was contractually obligated to deliver 60 minute episodes, which were then edited to fit within the alloted time. It would be VERY cool to see the entire episode as originally filmed.

Of course, this opens up the can of worms of people who want to see it how it aired vs how it was filmed. Posted Image

"You know, God has some really weird kids, and I find it hard to be in their company most of the time."
--Paul "Bono" Hewson

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   LukeB

LukeB

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 08:54 AM

Glad to hear that ER is coming. The show's first several seasons were brilliant, and definitely worth buying, to watch without interruption whenever. Posted Image

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Eman_Ramos

Eman_Ramos

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 09:09 AM

This is great news...can't wait to pick both of these up!
Eman's Random Thoughts
Eman's 2005 Movie List
Eman's DVD Collection
Charter Member of the HTF San Diego Chargers Fan Club. Hop on the Boltwagon!

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Chad R

Chad R

Screenwriter

• 2,174 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 12:23 PM

If the time frame for Smallville is late fall/early winter than it may indeed be next year since winter is more like Jan-March.