Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New Toshiba 57H82: A few questions...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Jeff Ashforth

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 01:34 AM

I'll be taking delivery of this new set tommorrow and there are a few things I'd like to ask those of you who own this set or one of its siblings (42,50 or 65). I did some looking around at some of the HDTV-related websites and I found nothing on this model series. Everything I could find had to do with the older sets. Anyway, here we go...

1. How do you turn off SVM?
2. How does the unit handle 3:2 pulldown? On some of the older sets you had to turn off DNR in order for the 3:2 detection to work.

Cheers.

Jeff.
Procrastinators unite, tomorrow.

#2 of 2 Damiano

Damiano

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 02:37 AM

Setting your Viewing mode to "MOVIE" disables SVM. From there you can make modifications to the Contrast, Brightness, Color, etc. and SVM will remain disabled. NOTE: once you make changes to the settings above in "MOVIE" mode, it will automatically change to "PREFERENCE" mode. This is normal and SVM still remains disabled.

I am not to certain about the 3:2 pulldown question though. Sorry.

-D