Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

HTF REVIEW: "Charlie's Angels" (The Movie) Superbit Deluxe

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 of 21 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,384 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 08:59 PM

Action Doesn't Get Any Hotter Than This! Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu Star as the Heavenly Trio of Sexy Crime Fighters ************************************************** *************** CHARLIE'S ANGELS SUPERBIT DELUXE DVD ************************************************** **************** Free "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle" Movie Ticket Inside Each Specially Marked DVD Premiering Exclusively on 2 Disc Set May 27 With Bonus Features Culver City, CA (April 2, 2003) - In anticipation of the much-hyped theatrical release of the sequel Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment will kick action into higher gear with the CHARLIE'S ANGELS SUPERBIT DELUXE 2 Disc DVD, available on May 27 for the collectible price of $24.95 SLP. This exciting, two-disc state-of-the-art Superbit? Deluxe DVD release will include never-before-seen bonus features, including an exclusive behind-the-scenes sneak peek at this summer's hottest movie, Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. As an added bonus for consumers, each specially marked DVD contains a free Hollywood Movie Magic ticket to see Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. Columbia TriStar will also support this new DVD release with a national promotion with Cheez-It® Snack Crackers, featured on over 3.5 million packages. New added value also includes a DVD-ROM link to "Shop the Scene," a service powered by Delivery Agent, Inc., where consumers can purchase merchandise similar to that featured in the movie. Consumers can also "Shop the Scene" by going directly to shopcharliesangels.com, or by calling 866-96ANGEL. The partnership with Delivery Agent reinforces CTHE's position as a market innovator, connecting viewers with the products seen in a CTHE movie property. A slick, sassy, action-packed $135 million box office blockbuster featuring a triple shot of girl power, CHARLIE'S ANGELS stars a "heavenly trio" of today's hottest actresses - Cameron Diaz (There's Something About Mary, The Sweetest Thing), Drew Barrymore (The Wedding Singer, Riding in Cars With Boys) and Lucy Liu (Chicago, Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever). They're beautiful, they're brilliant, and they work for Charlie. In the sexy, high- octane comedy update of the '70s television phenomenon, bookworm Natalie (Diaz), tough girl Dylan (Barrymore) and tech-savvy Alex (Liu), alongside faithful lieutenant Bosley (Bill Murray - Rushmore), must foil an elaborate murder-revenge plot that could not only destroy individual privacy and corporate security worldwide, but spell the end of Charlie and his Angels. Also with special cameos by Tom Green, Matt LeBlanc and LL Cool J, CHARLIE'S ANGELS features a chart-topping soundtrack with artists such as Destiny's Child, Apollo Four Forty, Aerosmith and Fat Boy Slim. CHARLIE'S ANGELS SUPERBIT DELUXE DISC ONE FEATURES INCLUDE: Superbit Widescreen Presentation Audio: English 5.1 (Dolby Digital) and DTS Subtitles: English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Korean and Thai Animated Menus Scene Selections CHARLIE'S ANGELS SUPERBIT DELUXE DISC TWO FEATURES INCLUDE: Sneak Peek at Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle DVD-ROM Link to Shop the Scene DVD-ROM Link to Official Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle Website DVD-ROM Link to Charlie's Angels Game Blooper Reel Three Deleted Scenes Director's Commentary Five Behind the Scenes Featurettes Angelic Attire: Dressing Cameron, Drew and Lucy Angelic Effects Getting G'd Up The Master and the Angels Welcome to Angel World Filmographies Music Videos "Charlie's Angels 2000" by Apollo Four Forty "Independent Women Part 1" By Destiny's Child Photo Gallery Scene Deconstructions Theatrical Trailers Rated PG-13 Color Close Captioned Running Time: 99 Minutes DVD Cat # 10016 / UPC Code: #0-43396-10016-9 Order Date: 04/24/03 SLP: $24.95

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 21 OFFLINE   Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter

• 1,105 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 11:15 PM

Cheez-it Snack Crackers! How appropriate!

#3 of 21 OFFLINE   Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter

• 1,413 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 11:41 PM

I think you mean 'press release', not 'HTF review'. Posted Image

#4 of 21 OFFLINE   Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner

Second Unit

• 441 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 12:09 AM

Yes, I was hoping to see some of the Angels' "Super Bits" with the "review". Posted Image

#5 of 21 OFFLINE   Jeff Bamberger

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 01:02 AM

There are some neat shots from the set of the new movie....

Check out this link....

http://www.killermov....cles/2201.html

#6 of 21 OFFLINE   Tom Tsai

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor

• 565 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 01:39 AM

Just wondering, how does the Director's commentary work on Disc 2? Is the film also on disc 2?

#7 of 21 OFFLINE   Troy LaMont

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor

• 852 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 04:24 AM

[quote] Check out this link.... [quote]
OOOOwwwwwwwww mama! Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Me
:My teacher tells me beauty is on the inside.
:That's just something ugly people say.

#8 of 21 OFFLINE   Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,241 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 04:48 AM

Whoa...them pics are hot...Posted Image

#9 of 21 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,384 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 09:00 AM

And the coolest thing? I and the HTF staff were on the set of the movie a few months ago!

Ronald J Epstein

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#10 of 21 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,384 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 09:00 AM

And the coolest thing? I and the HTF staff were on the set of the movie a few months ago!

Ronald J Epstein

#11 of 21 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,512 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted April 03 2003 - 11:05 AM

so cool he had to say it twice.Posted Image

still not a review tho'
facebook.com/whotony

#12 of 21 OFFLINE   John Torrez

John Torrez

Second Unit

• 314 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 06:42 PM

Not much of a review there Ron. Anyhow, I'll buy it if it includes the original burnt-in subtitles. Otherwise I am skipping it.

#13 of 21 OFFLINE   Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor

• 948 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 09:36 PM

Is the second disc of this set actually the same as the first release? All the extras seem to be repeated, and if the include the commentary, the movie has got to be on there as well I think.
My DVD list

#14 of 21 OFFLINE   Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,937 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 01:02 AM

Jeff, I just saw the....link.....and......ooohhh......aahhh.....OOO OOOOOO.... :b whew, sorry...pant...where was I.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#15 of 21 OFFLINE   JasonKZ

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator

• 191 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 01:44 AM

Thanks for the post. I had ignored this previously because it didn't seem to add much new...but when you factor in the value of a free movie ticket...and that I can ebay the old one for $10 easily...well, this makes a free upgrade in my book. For that price, I will see what all this superbit fuss is about....

#16 of 21 OFFLINE   BrentPollard

BrentPollard

Second Unit

• 447 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 02:35 AM

This piece of crap gets the deluxe treatment and "Das Boot" doesn't? Hurmph! They can keep it.

#17 of 21 OFFLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,405 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 09:07 AM

[quote] This piece of crap gets the deluxe treatment and "Das Boot" doesn't? Hurmph! [quote]

But "this piece of crap" already got the deluxe treatment when it first appeared on DVD. Das Boot didn't - the old version included a few extras, but not much. Superbit Deluxe editions don't usually present new material - the CA 2 preview makes this one an exception. The SBD releases just repackage older stuff through the SB series. Das Boot would have required new extras to make it a SBD title, whereas CA didn't...
Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#18 of 21 OFFLINE   John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 09:44 AM

Is that a review or a press release?
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#19 of 21 OFFLINE   BrentPollard

BrentPollard

Second Unit

• 447 posts

Posted April 06 2003 - 07:09 AM

I see.Posted Image

#20 of 21 OFFLINE   Richard Waller

Richard Waller

Second Unit

• 252 posts

Posted April 06 2003 - 01:12 PM

I clicked on the link and now I can't get that first picture out of my head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users