What's new

Directors Film Scores Draft (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
These drafts are fun, so I'm starting this one for film scores. Virtually all of my CDs are film scores, so I've got lots of favs. We'll have 8 participants, and go 1-8, 1-8, since most other 8 person drafts are being run that way, plus the time limit to make your pick is 12 hours. Of course, if there are more film score fans on the board than I assumed, we could go to 16. Anyhow, sign up now.

Participants
----------------
Justin_S
Requiem for a Dream
Suspiria
Assault on Precinct 13
Cannibal Holocaust
Escape From New York
Prince of Darkness
Ravenous
Halloween III: Season of the Witch
Tenebre
The Hitcher

Erik G
The Empire Strikes Back
Jaws
Superman
The Terminator
The Fog
Halloween
Legend
Back to the Future
Phantasm
The Shining

Eric Eickhorst
The Shawshank Redemption
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
Braveheart
Princess Mononoke
Forrest Gump
Lolita (1997)
Meet Joe Black
Crimson Tide

Dome Vongvises
Star Wars: A New Hope
Glory
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Scent of a Woman
The Godfather part II
Cinema Paradiso
The Last of the Mohicans
Rocky
Brazil
Road to Perdition

David AC
Lawrence of Arabia
Psycho
Gladiator
The Omen
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
American Beauty
Aliens
Empire of the Sun
Ghost
Planet of the Apes (1968)

Agee Bassett
Alexander Nevsky
Vertigo
The Big Country
The Sea Wolf
Ben-Hur
Southern Comfort
Things to Come
Ivan the Terrible, Parts I & II
King's Row
Citizen Kane

Angelo M.
The Last Emperor
Blade Runner
The Mission
Miller's Crossing
The Untouchables
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
The Red Violin
The Piano
'Round Midnight

Kirk Tsai
E.T.- The Extra Terrestrial
The Adventures of Robin Hood
Bride of Frankenstein
Conan the Barbarian
Legends of the Fall
The Legend of the Pianist on the Ocean
To Kill a Mockingbird
Henry V
Much Ado About Nothing
Batman

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Well, I was going to do it just scores. I guess if enough people wanted me to include soundtracks, I'll include them, so let me know.

Oh yeah, one more spot left!

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I guess we'll stick to scores as originally planned since some don't want soundtracks included, and it was the original intent. Chuck, you or someone else could always start a soundtrack draft. :) If you want out, let me know, and I'll give your spot to Angelo (haha, that rhymes ;) ).

We'll get started in just a little bit...

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm confused, what's the difference between a score and a soundtrack? Is score music always written specifically for the movie, and soundtrack just songs used in the movie (such as American Graffiti)? If so, what if a movie has both a score and a soundtrack, such as Moulin Rouge? Also if so, why would somebody be against choosing soundtracks?

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Never been in a draft, but would like to participate in this one.

I would like to see only film scores, too. To the broad scope of "soundtracks," I think we would probably need to distinguish. One is the songs compilation soundtrack, like those of Forrest Gump or American Graffiti. Then there are those that might not just be scores, but also written/adapted exclusively for the screen, ala Moulin Rouge and West Side Story. I know I would not like to see the first kind be in this draft at all, but am open on the second type (still, rather see all scores).

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
For obvious reasons I would really love to be a part of this draft. Please? :D Also, I think there are a few other members who would like to be a part of this draft as well, so 16 participants shouldn't be too difficult to muster.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
So, are these "scores" or "soundtracks"?

Pink Floyd: The Wall
Stop Making Sense
Amadeus
Fantasia
My Fair Lady
Dancer in the Dark

I'm still debating whether or not I want to participate w/o soundtracks. I'll let you know in the morning.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Kirk and Justin, if we can get 6 more people (5 if Chuck doesn't drop out) who want to participate, consider yourselves in. :)

Chuck, I haven't seen most of those movies, so I'm not sure on several. Scores are pretty much just music, no singing at all, if that helps.

We'll start now, and more people can chime in even though we've started.

My first pick is such a powerful and effective score from my favorite film of all time, and I just love it to death. It adds so much to the film, and its just a completely mesmerizing score. I pick:

REQUIEM FOR A DREAM

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Justin picks Requiem. Gee, there's a big surprise :D

Anyway, I think I will bow out now. I could come up with 10 scores, but I'm sure most of them would be grabbed by others and I'd end up scrambling for my last 4 or 5 picks. A soundtrack draft (or maybe tourney) might be a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks