Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

All That Jazz?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 10:56 AM

Anyone know what happend to this. I thought it was suppose to be released last year.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Joel Vardy

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor

• 573 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 11:34 AM

It clearly has been delayed -- some speculate to coincide with the upcoming August Chicago release. I am also puzzled at the apparent delay for a title that should be fairly eagerly anticipated from what I can tell Posted Image .

Joel

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 03:04 AM

It is the R1 release that has been delayed by Fox. It has been available for a long time in R2 & R4. I purchased the R2 version last August. Yes the apparent reasoning for the present lack of a release date is that is was to be joined at the hip to "Chicago" in terms of a release date. Now that "Chicago" has a release date, when will "All That Jazz" R1 appear? The fact that Fox has still not announced a release date for this film in R1 is getting to be very funny!Posted Image Meanwhile I just sit back & smile while I enjoy my R2 version. Posted Image Posted Image
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Lead Actor

• 6,722 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted April 03 2003 - 03:43 AM

I don't buy R2 titles because I don't have a player, and the 4% speed-up is especially bad for musicals. Where's the R1 All That Jazz?

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then. And while you're at it, PLEASE stop dropping DVD/laserdisc extras from Blu-ray releases of other films.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 03:50 AM

[quote] the 4% speed-up is especially bad for musicals [quote] I suppose if you have "golden ears". I've never noticed any difference in the sound when listening to my copy.
Cogito, Ergo Sum

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Lead Actor

• 6,722 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted April 03 2003 - 06:47 AM

The songs are usually one semitone higher than they should be. I was in Switzerland last year; I caught the end of My Fair Lady (in widescreen, and dubbed in Italian), and noticed this.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then. And while you're at it, PLEASE stop dropping DVD/laserdisc extras from Blu-ray releases of other films.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 07:58 AM

As I said above, "golden ears". Since mine aren't that sensitive I'll keep on buying PAL DVDs.
Cogito, Ergo Sum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users