Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Small speaker Recommendations ???? **Not Bose**

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Kevin*Harley

Kevin*Harley

Stunt Coordinator

• 137 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 09:28 AM

My parents just remolded their house and I convinced them to have the family room wired for HT. Dad has very strict requirement (wife enforced) for speakers. 1) Wall mounted 2) White 3) Very small. They have Bose in other rooms for background so that is the reference point where she is coming from. My Dad wants a better speaker for HT. I suggested Anthony Gallo Acoustics and RBH. My experience with this type of speaker is limited and I am looking for suggestions. Thanks

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   M_a_r_k^NE

M_a_r_k^NE

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 11:45 AM

PSB line is not bad. Alpha and Mini-Alpha. Smaller than that are the Alpha LR series.
"Just do it"

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Leo_P

Leo_P

Second Unit

• 272 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 11:57 AM

Make sure you check out Pinnacle Speakers Quantum system.
The April '03 issue of HT magazine also had a good write-up on the JMLab's Sib & Cub.
Good luck.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests."
-- Patrick Henry

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Kevin*Harley

Kevin*Harley

Stunt Coordinator

• 137 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 12:09 PM

That gives me a good foundation to start....Thanks

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Dave Milne

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor

• 569 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 12:21 PM

If you want the best, try these . They're almost white, can be wall mounted, and are "smallish" two-ways. At $4800/pr, they're not cheap... but it doesn't get any better than this...

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Adam Bluhm

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor

• 611 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 12:23 PM

If they're not too large, check out the JBL S36II's. They come in white and will give a wonderful bang: buck ratio.
Mr. JBL has made my first home theater possible.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   gregD

gregD

Second Unit

• 420 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 12:27 PM

Of the small white ones I've heard... Highest marks go to Monitor Audio and Canton. I've auditioned the Gallo's for music, hooked up to NAD electronics, and found them to sound great... except for the sub (loose, flabby)... if decor is a serious consideration, the Micro's or Due's perform well... just get some other make of subwoofer. BTW, don't expect to find white subs anywhere... you'll be hiding it behind the couch anyway. Other manufacturers (which I've not heard) with white sat/sub systems worth checking out: Mirage, M&K. NHT.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Bob Kavanaugh

Bob Kavanaugh

Second Unit

• 282 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 12:48 PM

Uh... Don't forget about Energy Take 5.2's they are available in white!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users