What's new

Raven Shield or Black Hawk Down (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Anyone play either of these games yet? They both got similar reviews on IGN (high 8's) and each seems to be addictive. :emoji_thumbsup: I'm just wondering which one should I purchase and take the time to learn.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
BHD sounds like a lot of single-player fun, while Raven Shield sounds like a lot of multi-player fun.

Apples to oranges; I've played Raven Shield though, and since I'm partial to online games, I would pick it over BHD.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I have Black Hawk Down and the single player part is pretty bad at times. The AI for your teammates as well as the enemies is horrible with guys running into walls as well as pushing you out of the way. In some levels it plays a lot like an arcade shooter by just manning a gun on a Humvee or a Black Hawk. But the multiplayer element is pretty fun.

I've only played the Raven Shield demos and from what I played it seems like solid game.

Ryan FB

Second Unit
I'd say Raven Shield, having played both I enjoy Raven Shield much more.
BHD just wasn't my cup of tea, and while the graphics look nice in screenshots, in-game there's just something "off" about them (esp. the human models) that I don't like, and the gameplay just isn't as good as RS. BHD just feels a lot clunkier and less refined. Both have demo's out though, so if you really want to see which you'd prefer, I'd suggest downloading them and giving them both a try before buying :).

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
I'll vote for Raven Shield as well. I've been having great fun in single player. Multiplayer I haven't played as much, but the games I have played, it's really fun.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
My friend has both so I went over to his house to play em. BHD is a solid game but there is much more variety in Raven Shield. And like Ryan said the graphics are smoother and more refined. So I picked up RS for $40 at Circuit City and am currently getting spanked in multiplayer, thanks guys. ;):emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks