What's new

Which Amp? (1 Viewer)

FrederickH

Auditioning
I recently upgraded my KEF Q speakers to the some KEF Reference 201s/202c and will at some point in time add the 203s or 205s. Currently, I have a Denon 3802 and would to continue to use it as a pre-amp, but want to upgrade the amp side. I think my budget would be about $5,000.

Anyone have good recommendations for amps in this range that will mate well with these speakers?

I look forward to your advices.

Fred :D

Yogi

Screenwriter
Proceed AMP 5 cant be beat at that price range. Its very close to Mark Levinson sound for considerably less. If you can find one used for < 3K then go for it without a second thought. My second choice in that range would be a Theta Intrepid. Thats another winner. Also did you consider going to a separates system for that price. Rotel, B&K, Outlaw all make components that will fit well in that price range.

Best of luck.

RayJK

Stunt Coordinator
Parasound 2205 and then use the extra $3,000 you saved to buy more DVDs.

Lee-M

Stunt Coordinator
McCormack HT5... $3500 new, around $2700 reconditioned.

McCormack is one of the best-sounding solid-state amps you can buy. I nearly cried the first time I heard some of my favorites through a McCormack.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks