What's new

Terrible POP in speaker. HELP!! (1 Viewer)

JasonMIL

Grip
I have my HT set up in the living room and every time I power the system on, I get a loud popping sound from the speakers. Also, whenever I power on the HT system, a get the same popping sound from my computer speakers which share a common wall in the bedroom with the HT system (small apartment)
I assume that the cause is that the outlets in each room share common wiring since they are in the same wall, but I have no other placement options so the computer and HT will have to stay where they are. Given that, is there anything I can do to rid myself of this popping sound? Thanks in advance.

J

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
Title sounds like a . . . um . . . personal problem that would belong in After Hours.

Jason, you might ask a mod to change the title. :D

JKS

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Somebosy might have other ideas, but I think that your amps mute circuit doesn't delay long enough.

Please describe your system.

Brent

JasonMIL

Grip
My system is:

Panasonic SAHE100K Receiver
Panasonic DVD player
Sony SAVE335 5.1 Speakers
Toshiba Flat Screen TV
Comcast Digital Cable

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator
i had popping noise form my speakers when i raised and lowered the volume, it turned out to be a defective receiver :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks