What's new

Help me find a DVD rewinder (1 Viewer)

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I've got over 500 DVDs and I have never rewound them. I tried Amazon, Buy.com a google but still no luck. HELP

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Yeah, I never remember to rewind my DVDs, either. And they obviously need it; why else would Blockbuster put "Be Kind, Rewind" stickers on my DVD rental boxes? :)

Regards,

Joe

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Crap. Alright, I'll forget buying dvds this year and just go for the rewinder they got there. It's probably in my collections' best interest...

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
The advent of RSDL (reverse-spiral dual layer) discs has negated the need for most rewinding. Halfway through the disc, the laser reverses direction for the second half. Thus, upon completion of the disc, it is already rewound. As the laser changes tracking direction & layer, all of the actors pause for a second to allow the DVD player time to complete the changeover.

For the non-RSDL discs, I just roll 'em down the hallway a few times until they are rewound.

-Dave

Paul Bond

Stunt Coordinator
I am SO glad to find this information. I have noticed over the past year that several of my most favorite DVDs have been getting 'tighter' or warped. I have found it increasingly difficult to get some of them out of the snapper cases. Of course some of the supposedly NEW DVDs I have bought had similar problems. You don't suppose the manufacturing staff have been watching these DVDs before packaging them and not rewinding them? Arrrrrggggghhhh!!

Paul

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
For what it's worth, I used to have a co-worker whose husband had just gotten into DVD in a big way. At the time, she complained to me about his buying "so many DVD tapes."

Sad, but true.

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator
Couldn't you just 'fast backwards' the DVD from the remote?
That would save BLOCKHEADBUSTER from fining you for failing to rewind the DVD.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget back in the days when people used to call NES carts "tapes"

Even though exactly one home computer in history (that I can think of) had a tape peripheral (C64) :)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
A while back, I returned a DVD to Blockbuster, handed it to the cler, and then said, "Oh Crap!!! I don't think I rewound it!" The clerk actually opened the case to check, before he looked up at me, confused.

He probably charged me a rewind fee for being a smart a$$!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
And they obviously need it; why else would Blockbuster put "Be Kind, Rewind" stickers on my DVD rental boxes?
I know this is a joke thread, but there /is/ a reason why those labels are frequently on 'em - embedded security tags.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The clerk actually opened the case to check, before he looked up at me, confused.
A co-worker put a stack of CD's on top of his computer and I yelled out (in a panic) "NO! Get them off quick! before they get erased!". He quickly grabbed the discs off before he realized I was joking :laugh:

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I have a tape drive for my PC that is sitting in a closet, gathering dust. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks