Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Connecting through VPN on a Linksys wireless network

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 01:42 PM

I've got two PC's on a Linksys wireless network that I need to use VPN with. The PC that's connected directly to the router (BEFW11S4) is okay but the one with a wireless USB network card isn't connecting. Anyone else have this problem before?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Tom Fudold

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 06:05 AM

Dan, is the USB PC using DHCP? Perhaps the NAT in the router is causing an issue. Is the main PC in the DMZ, or forwarding? I assume it (USB PC) can still send out the VPN info, but perhaps the authorization can't find it's way back in. What kind of error are you getting?

Tom

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for your help Tom, I'm getting a login failed message, so it may be that the SecurID token needs to be resynchronized. I've spoken to other people with similar setups and they haven't run into this problem, so I'm going to try to eliminate SecurID before I play around with the router. Also, the USB PC is using DHCP.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Tom Fudold

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 12:56 AM

Sounds good, exhuast all your SecurID ideas first, and let us know what happens... I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Tom

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 11:57 PM

Thanks Tom, I probably won't have a chance to revisit this until Sunday or Monday so I'll update you then.