Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Need help with techno song?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,265 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 01:22 PM

Hello all..... It is the song that is played on the new VH1 commercial. It is techno adnthe words "hey now whats that sound" are said in the song. Anybody out there know the name and artist??? Thanks R~
My DVD Collection

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson

Stunt Coordinator

• 249 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 01:51 PM

I remember the original song with those lyrics from a rapper known as "Skee-Lo". The song was called "I Wish".

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,265 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 03:09 PM

[quote] I remember the original song with those lyrics from a rapper known as "Skee-Lo". The song was called "I Wish". [quote]

Along with what you said......and some posting at other websites...this is what I have....

There are mixes of New orders "emerg" along with Skee-Lo's "I wish"

but the two are mixed together along with a female voice mixed in.

I emailed VH1 yesterday and I haven't heard anything since...............

Thanks for the reply!!!!! Anybody else have any answers as to who has done the remix of this song?

Thanks
R~
My DVD Collection

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   LanceJ

LanceJ

Producer

• 3,168 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 03:39 PM

[quote] "hey now whats that sound" [quote]
A techno song???

This has got to be a sample, because I'll bet the REST of that line is everybody look what's goin' down. That is from the 1966 song "For what It's Worth" by Buffalo Springfield!.

LJ

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,265 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 11:45 PM

Yes it is a remix....the person singing is not even close to sounding like the original singer. And yes the song has a techno sound to it...lol......... Take the original song and speed it up by about 3times....... R~
My DVD Collection

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Justin1

Justin1

Stunt Coordinator

• 115 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 09:43 AM

The song is "emerge" I forgot the band's name though. Some international band, played on Carson Daly's Late night show on NBC a few months ago. EDIT: the band's name is Fischerspooner

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,265 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 10:22 AM

[quote] The song is "emerge" I forgot the band's name though. Some international band, played on Carson Daly's Late night show on NBC a few months ago.

EDIT: the band's name is Fischerspooner
[quote]

YES YES YES YES that is it.....now if I can find which remix is the one I am talking about..........sweet.........thank you so much.....I have been looking for this song for a couple of days now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again...
R~
My DVD Collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users