Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

How do I reduce the overscan?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Aaron Cohen

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit

• 468 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 01:05 PM

I have the KV-34XBR800 and have seemingly atrocious overscan on both the top and the bottom of the frame when watching 1.85:1 movies. Also, more information is missing from the right side of the screen than on the left. (I found this out by unstretching the anamorphic image to 4:3 mode then stretching it back out again and looking at the sides). I can adjust the vertical center up as far as it goes and down as far as it goes (+5 and -5) and there is is picture information going all the way down and up. I have the Avia Set Up disc but was unsure of how to adjust my overscan. I've had the television since August.

On a side note, I've still got damn splotches in the upper left corner when a brighter background is displayed. There are no speakers nearby and I've been unable to find any help on the matter. I've had service people come who give me a simple "Um, duh, it should duh degauss automatically when you leave it unplugged for a bit, I don't understand" I plan on taking the tv in to Circuit City (where I bought it from) when I get back from college (I live 3 hours away from the Circuit City I bought it from) this summer and seeing if they can do something about it as I bought a 3 year service contract.

Does anyone else have this television and can help with either of these problems? Also, there is a hazy gray line going all the way down the 4x3 frame on the left side when the tv is in 4x3 mode. It is very noticeable. It goes away for the most part though when the tv image is stretched as the overscan gets rid of it.

Other than these problems, the tv's image is completely flawless color, picture quality wise, better than any RPTV I have seen.

So any help would be greatly appreciated!