What's new

3 Stooges 75 years. Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
Anyone watch this collection of skits? I am a huge fan but again another show dedicated to comic genius that does not go deep enough into the history of the stooges. Why can't we have a show that serves justice to guys like the stooges and the honeymooners?

LewB

Screenwriter
While I was ecstatic to see 'the boys' in prime time, I was quite disappointed that they spent so little time on the history and the story behind the stooges. Sorry I missed the internet voting that was behind the all time great clips.
Bridgett Fonda a stooges fan ! And her favorite is one of the parodies of Hitler and Goering ? I'll have to watch Jackie Brown again real soon :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the one that was on last year was better and more informative.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I captured it but only the first 25 min was worth watching imo. I think it's just to get the word out that the movie's coming, but us Stooges fans already knew that right. :wink::emoji_thumbsup:

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Taped this show and watched it late last night. It was good to see "the boys" again getting some well deserved accolades. It was good to see that The Three Stooges are so loved and liked all over the world.Their humor has touched so many, regardless of their race or religion. I saw this last night and it hit me , I couldn't think of very many things that bring smiles to so many people like seeing The Three Stooges movies. They were true masters of comedy, I've never met a kid who didn't like them.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I think that it is great for the fans of the Stooges to get a special like this, but I really do wish that the mainstream audiance would appreciate smart slapstick such as the Marx Brothers...

I would gladly take even their least favorite film for even 30 seconds of the Stooges.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I hear ya Chuck, the Marx Bros. were great. Maybe we'll get a special about them soon too.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
The TV Movie about the stooges was much better done and was more enjoyable to watch. I wanta special that shows all those rare clips that we never get to see, that shows the boys out of character and their normal selves. For isntance, more clips like the one where Moe demonstrated how he does the eye poke on poor old Larry.

Heh, I found it rather humorous that even in their home movies, they seem to be 'on' and never miss a beat, heh. Also, this may be a stupid question, but who was that speaking at their walk of fame star?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks