-

Photo
- - - - -

What cancelled The Screen Savers?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   TyC

TyC

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 11:28 AM

Did the Xbox modding segment get The Screen Savers shut down on TechTV, or was it something else? Was it an April Fools joke?

EDIT: Yes, it was. :b
"I HATE WIDESCREEN! I HATE THE BLACK BARS!!!"
"You are like the little kid that trades dimes for nickels because nickels are larger."

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor

• 577 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 11:35 AM

Where did you hear about this? It was funny because I watched the xbox segment and was wondering if they would get in trouble from Microsoft.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 12:50 PM

TyC, which of your three questions is the "Yes" the answer to? The April Fools thing?
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   TyC

TyC

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 01:39 PM

Yes, it was an April Fools joke. I had received an email in my inbox from TechTV:
Tonight on 'The Screen Savers': TSS Off Air Until Further Notice
A Note From Your Friendly Neighborhood Web Producer
Due to the content of the March 31, 2003 episode, "The Screen Savers" has been temporarily taken off the air. We are tentatively scheduled to resume live production within the next three weeks, pending a review of planned segment content.
We apologize for any inconvenience this programming change may cause. Until we are back in production, TechTV will be airing back to back episodes of "Thunderbirds" during the TSS timeslot.
With regrets,
Nicole Carrico
Lead Web Producer, The Screen Savers

Too late, I read the next line:
P.S. April Fools. Tune in tonight for Bill O'Reilly, more Xbox mods and SETI astronomer Seth Shotak discussing proper protocol when chatting with aliens. All this and more on the next "The Screen Savers!"

"I HATE WIDESCREEN! I HATE THE BLACK BARS!!!"
"You are like the little kid that trades dimes for nickels because nickels are larger."