Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

West Side Story SE in Toronto?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Mike_S

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator

• 177 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 08:35 AM

Am I missing something? I thought WEST SIDE STORY SE 2 Disc was out today (April 1). I called Future Shop and they don't have it. Is this delayed? Thanks.

-Mike
My Home Theater

#2 of 7 Darko

Darko

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 08:55 AM

My local Future Shop didn't have it either, I went and picked it up at Walmart- they had loads for 33.99
Regards
Darko

If peanut butter cookies are made from peanut butter, what are Girl Scout cookies made from?

#3 of 7 Jarrod Ferris

Jarrod Ferris

Agent

• 44 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 09:39 AM

Cinema 1 has tonnes. Closest store to Toronto is Oakville, though. Why waste your time with Futurejoke, go to Bay St. Video. They get EVERYTHING and it's just as cheap.

#4 of 7 Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula

Second Unit

• 393 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 06:58 PM

There was alot of copies of West Side Story SE at the
HMV Superstore downtown. I just ordered mine from amazon
since the Dawson's Creek set was also hard to find.

-Mike

#5 of 7 Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 03:01 AM

From experience Futureshop can be very good, or very bad about releases. I went to my local store the other day, to see what the Frenchified version of Jackass the Movie would look like (incidentally its identical to the US release, no French) only to find there Jackass display empty. I thought they had sold out, however, I later found all their Jackass DVDs below the DVD racks, seems someone didn't bother to stock it at all.

Also I cant find THe Day the Earth Stood Still, however, their website claims it came out. Generally they're good about releasing DVDs on time.
DVD Collection | Video Game Collection | Live Gamertag: vicodinjunkie

#6 of 7 Tom Tsai

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor

• 565 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 03:07 AM

^ that's why I mostly order online from Futureshop instead of going to the stores. The shipping is free Posted Image

#7 of 7 Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 04:33 AM

I ordered Zoolander from them once. This was before I knew Paramount switched to French/English (I believe Zoolander was their first title), it really ticked me off.

However, I also ordered the Book of the Dead from them. It arrived at my door the day after shipping, can't complain about that.
DVD Collection | Video Game Collection | Live Gamertag: vicodinjunkie