Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Antenna signal booster

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   JerryJ

JerryJ

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 08:31 AM

Hi Group,
I am new to the group and this is my first post. I have a large directional antenna laying flat on my patio roof to keep the neighbors from complaining. I had it connected to a 27" tv and all was well until I purchased a toshiba 50hdx82. There is a large two story house between the antenna and the transmitting towers about 25 miles away all in the same place. I was wondering if a signal booster would give it more performance to the new set in a positive way. I have a signal booster in my motorhome connected to a winegard antenna and it really gets that tv to stand at attention! Do you think it would have the same effect on my home system.
Thanks Jerry

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Grant B

Grant B

Producer

• 3,213 posts

Posted April 04 2003 - 02:30 PM

Antennas are funny things. An old engineer once told me that antenna design is more a 'black art' then a science.
I would try it but make sure you can take it back.

So it was fine when you had the 27 hooked up but now the new tv cant pick up the same stations?
Are you sure you have a good connection to the TV?
Do you have a rotor?
Sometimes a few degrees can make a huge difference and when it is highly direction even more so.
One thing that they do is 'reject' signals off the sides and back.
Good Luck
Grant
"Whatever it is, I'm against it!" G. Marx

Sony TAE/TAP/TAN(2)9000ES;DVP-CX860 DVP-CX777ES
Sony CDP-CX270 CDP-CX355 CDP-CX270 CDP-CX355
Sony S-TS 700ES XPR32450Pioneer Elite CLD 79 KEFs (5) Q75s & 20B Subwoofer