Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Loathing in Las Vegas

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 18,519 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted April 01 2003 - 08:04 AM

So I decided to have lunch at the Delmonico Steak house while in Vegas this last weekend. Nice place, great food, one of Emeril Lagasse's places. Rather than wait for a table I decide to eat at the Bar, since I was solo that was no problem. On the wall behind me is a nice 45" or so flat panel displaying CNN or some other news station, it could have been HDTV OTA, not 100% sure tho. From 20' out tho I keep seeing this swirling black 'blotch' in the lower right. At first I think I'm fooling myself, surely even the proprietors of an upscale restaurant wouldnt ruin an $8k+ flat panel with burn in, would they? Sure enough, I get up and go across the room and take a look, and there it is, clear as day, permanently etched: the 'ESPN' logo. D'oh!!!! So I yell back over to the bartender 'Heh, you folks watch a bit of ESPN around here eh?'. You can just see the guy grimace too, like a kid with a broken toy. Seems that they have a mandate from the management to have the War coverage on now, and only just noticed the burn in a few days ago, since they hadnt changed the channel once before then, since the panel was installed. My opinion is that its criminal that the stations are allowed to get away with those logos tho. They KNOW they will be responsible for ruining a good number of sets, even those owned by people who should know better. Sam

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

HTF Rules

Classified Sales Rules

UV Sales New Clarifications

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users