What's new

help me pick out some new front speakers. (1 Viewer)

Ryan-Stone

Stunt Coordinator
I am going to upgrade the front L&R speakers of my JBL NSP1 set. im putting the two N24 speakers on the "b" speakers of the reciver, and putting them in another room. So now i need new fronts for my HT. Im still want to keep the N-Center for now, and i want to stick with bookshelfs to. I guess JBl would be the best brand to buy because all my other speakers are JBL(arnt all your speakers supposed to be the same company?). also i would like to have any ports on the speakers to be on the front not the back. any suggestions? Oh yeah, they each have to be able to work with 100 watts per chan. coming from my reciver.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
To maintain near 100% timbre-(voice)-match, you can get another JBL Northridge Series speaker like the ...

NORTHRIDGE™ SERIES – N26II
2-Way, 6-Inch Bookshelf Speaker

General Section
• Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power: 125 Watts
• Impedance: 8 Ohms
• Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m): 88dB
• Frequency Response (–3dB): 55Hz – 20kHz
• Crossover Frequency: 3000Hz
• High-Frequency Driver: 3/4" Titanium-laminate dome with EOS™ waveguide
• Low-Frequency Driver: 6" PolyPlas™ cone
• Dimensions
(H x W x D): 17" x 9" x 10"
(432mm x 229mm x 254mm)
• Weight: 18 lb (8.2kg)

====

The entire Northridge Series (N-Series) uses the same identical 3/4" Titanium-laminate dome High-Frequency Driver and they are ALL Voiced-matched to the JBL N-Center.

Phil

Ryan-Stone

Stunt Coordinator
ok, i just went down and measured and i only have 13 inches of hight to work with. bummer. i searched around JBL.com and it looks like the S36II will fit the best. would these work well with my other speakers? They say max power is 150 watts, will 100 watts to each of them be enough?

Ryan-Stone

Stunt Coordinator
I think im gonna go with the S36IIs and in the near future upgrade my n-center to the s-centerII and keep my n24s as surrounds. anyone have this setup? will it sound ok if i mix the northridge and studio series?

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Voice-wise, the two series are similar," Bente said, "but the Studio series offers more detail and guts. It's a sharper lens on a very good camera.
**Bente S-Series ... "more detail and guts. It's a sharper lens on a very good camera" comment, ... accurately describes the timbre difference I heard, during those 3-days of use (after REF Calibration of course).

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks