Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Anyone Picking Up Continental Divide ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,271 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 04:13 AM

It streets today and alot of places will have it for under $10. It's also Anamorphic Widescreen. I've always liked this Belushi film he's more restrained and show what possibilities he had in his acting. Unfortunately that would not be exploited.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#2 of 8 Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor

• 986 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 05:05 AM

If my local Best Buy has it in stock (which is a big MAYBE on a catalog title) i'll pick it up. i watched this on cable when it was a still a first run movie (early '80's?) and enjoyed it.
it has a lot going for it: decent movie, anamorphic, great price, and Blair Brown.Posted Image

#3 of 8 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,381 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 05:46 AM

I'll pick it up, but I don't expect it to be easily found for at least a few days, maybe a week or so. But when I spot it, it's mine! Best Buy will have it for $9.99, elsewhere it seems to be $12.99 or more.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#4 of 8 Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter

• 1,090 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 07:55 AM

Quote:
and Blair Brown
I agree...I always thought she was pretty hot in this movie, especially the "new shower door" scene. :b

#5 of 8 John Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

• 1,650 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 10:06 AM

History also shows us that "Continental Divide" was the first production of Steven Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment.

I might give this one a shot...I like Belushi and Brown.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Brown, in particular. Ever seen "Altered States"?
Forget the Rewind. If you want real retro action, go to http://www.retrojunk.com.

Proud member of the American Film Institute and a Wal-Mart employee (Yes, you can be both).

From Michelle Pfeiffer to Daryl Hannah and all points in-between, I love 80s women. Don't believe me? Scope out this link: htt.....

#6 of 8 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,381 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 12:22 PM

Dammit! Didn't find it at the 3 stores I checked. Found Wildcats with no prob (a dozen copies at Best Buy!), but no Continental Divide anywhere. Posted Image

I'll keep an eye out for it.

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#7 of 8 Todd Robertson

Todd Robertson

Second Unit

• 293 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 12:28 PM

saw it in the theater during it's run...and many times on cable since. I ordered it and should be here thursday.
My DVD/Film Library
dvd folders under construction:wink:

#8 of 8 Thomas Hart

Thomas Hart

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 12:55 PM

Saw this at several Borders Bookstores today, but no special features are listed on the back.

Please, can somebody tell me: is the trailer included on the DVD or not?