Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

CTHV Press Release: "The ChubbChubbs"

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,088 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 09:09 PM

Academy Award® Winner - Best Short Film (Animated) ************************************* THE CHUBBCHUBBS! ************************************* Intergalactic Comedy From Sony Pictures Imageworks Available to Order Now! Culver City, CA (March 31, 2003) - First they matched forces with Men in Black II and Stuart Little 2 in theaters, then they conquered the Oscars®, now they're landing on their own DVD! Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment is pleased to release THE CHUBBCHUBBS! the recent Academy Award® winner for Best Short Film (Animated), shipping exclusively on DVD April 11 at the collectible price of $9.95 SLP. Welcome to planet Glorf, home of the Ale-E-Inn. Located on a tiny oasis, the Ale-E- Inn is an intergalactic watering hole with its own constellation of stars stopping by each night to hear the nightclub's sultry headliner, the Singing Diva. For a little Glorf named Meeper, there's not much to do at the Ale-E-Inn besides mop floors. Night after night, Meeper mops away, daydreaming himself onto center stage. But when a series of "meephaps" all but vaporizes the Singing Diva, he is banished from the club. Meeper tries to redeem himself through a valiant attempt to warn the patrons of the Ale-E-Inn of impending danger, only to come face to face with the toughest creatures in the Universe. THE CHUBBCHUBBS! is the first CG animated short film produced by Sony Pictures Imageworks, the award-winning character animation and visual effects division of Sony Pictures Digital. In addition to garnering the Academy Award®, THE CHUBBCHUBBS! was also honored at the Los Angeles International Short Film Festival, the London Effects and Animation Film Festival and with a BAFTA award nomination. DVD SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE: Digitally Mastered Audio & Anamorphic Video Widescreen Presentation Audio: English (Dolby Digital 5.1) Bonus Trailers Interactive Menus Scene Selections Rated G Color Running Time 5:35 DVD Cat #01341 / UPC Code: #0-43396-01341-4 SLP: $9.95 DVD

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 16 OFFLINE   Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter

• 1,105 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 11:20 PM

Errr... Already on the Men in Black II two disc set, but I suppose if you want JUST the cartoon....

#3 of 16 OFFLINE   Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter

• 1,562 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 12:11 AM

[quote] Already on the Men in Black II two disc set, but I suppose if you want JUST the cartoon.... [quote]
Well, it could be argued that the cartoon was better than the movie :P) But, it's still kind of weird. Thanks for the info, though, Ron.
"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle; it's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

#4 of 16 OFFLINE   LukeB

LukeB

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 12:25 AM

You'd think they offer some kind of brief featurette or commentary since this is EXACTLY what's already on MIB2, but I guess it's cheap enough that some who didn't buy MIB2 will get this.

#5 of 16 OFFLINE   Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,119 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted April 01 2003 - 01:45 AM

I'm holding out for the Superbit release without those bonus trailers taking up valuable bit space. Posted Image

Regards,
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#6 of 16 OFFLINE   Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 02:24 AM

$10 dollars for 5 minutes?

#7 of 16 OFFLINE   Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor

• 631 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 02:51 AM

Is it shown in anamorphic and 5.1 on the MIB II disc?? -Chad

#8 of 16 OFFLINE   Joel Fontenot

Joel Fontenot

Supporting Actor

• 691 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted April 01 2003 - 05:10 AM

All that space left and they didn't do a DTS track too????

Posted Image

Joel
Joel

#9 of 16 OFFLINE   Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,119 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 05:12 AM

[quote] All that space left and they didn't do a DTS track too???? [quote]
See! That's another reason why I'm waiting for the Superbit version.

Regards,
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#10 of 16 OFFLINE   Jonathan

Jonathan

Second Unit

• 465 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 06:27 AM

I was seriuosly considering keeping my MIB 2 disc for the ChubbChubbs feature when I upgraded to the Superbit version of MIB 2. I will be picking this up on the 11th.
"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."
- Office Space

---------------------------------------
My DVD Collection

#11 of 16 OFFLINE   Matt Naglieri

Matt Naglieri

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 07:08 AM

If this wasn't from columbia-tristar i'd be certain it was an april fools joke.

#12 of 16 OFFLINE   LukeB

LukeB

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 08:00 AM

[quote] Is it shown in anamorphic and 5.1 on the MIB II disc?? [quote]

Yes, it is.

#13 of 16 OFFLINE   Jon Mercer

Jon Mercer

Second Unit

• 268 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 07:56 AM

NOt trying to sound stupid here, but I checked the back of my MIB II case last night and it's not even listed. Can someone tell me where it is on the disc?
"I can't marry all three of them - thats bigamy!"
"No, thats big o' me!"

Magic armour is good but it tends to lose its magic without warning. Many an ancient lords last words had been " You can't kill me because I've got magic AARRGG!"
-Interesting Times-

#14 of 16 OFFLINE   Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,119 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 08:12 AM

It's in the section of the menu on the first disc with all of the trailers called "Frank's Favorites" or something like that. On the back of the package, it is indicated as "Special Animated Short Film". Regards,
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#15 of 16 OFFLINE   Jon Mercer

Jon Mercer

Second Unit

• 268 posts

Posted April 02 2003 - 10:15 AM

much appriciated. Thanks
"I can't marry all three of them - thats bigamy!"
"No, thats big o' me!"

Magic armour is good but it tends to lose its magic without warning. Many an ancient lords last words had been " You can't kill me because I've got magic AARRGG!"
-Interesting Times-

#16 of 16 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• 14,649 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted April 02 2003 - 11:48 AM

I thought Ron was playing an April Fools joke on us when I saw this yesterday, after all the 'feature' is only 5mins long and already available on the MIIB dvd.
What next? Trailers on dvd? Step right up folks, Episode III teaser now available on dvd, 2mins long, 5.1 stereo, widescreen and with (fast) commentary by George Lucas himself!!Posted Image

ps. Loved the ChubbChubbs short, it deserved its Oscar win.

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

My DVD and Blu-ray Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users