What's new

Looney Tunes on DVD SURVEY! (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
http://looneytunes.warnerbros.com/sp...vey/index.html

The 4-disc "Gold Collection" sounds REALLY good. If they did only 4-disc collections, that would equal about 18 collections overall if they released EVERYTHING.

I think WHV should consider buying into stock for DVD shelving makers. :D

Here are some pictures of the cover art:

Gold Collection (4-disc): (and also a collector tin?)

Premire Collection (2-disc):

Carrot Collection (1-disc):

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The tin is neat, but I like the look of the gold collection cases better. Too bad they couldn't put those cases in that tin. When they finally release these shorts my name is on one of those gold collections.

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
EVERYBODY VOTE!!!!! It looks like WB has made it worth the wait. Those GOLD TINS are amazing looking!! Take the time to do the survey. It's obvious that this is a rare chance to tell them we want our Looney Tunes in collectable editions, UNCUT & UNEDITED!!!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Should add....if they are in chronological order. The indication from the survey is that this collection is a "best of series". Not too happy about that. The survey was mostly about a series of new shorts that are in the process of being released. There was no way to put forward the view that the old Looney Tune shorts should be released chronologically.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I was asked about a Looney Tunes Realisty set. New toons that parodied reality tv. Yechh!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Thank you for your interest in this survey. Unfortunately we already have all the completed surveys we need from the demographic group you represent.

Please click GO to return to the Looney Tunes Website.
i answerred a couple and they told me that.

i didnt get a chance to answer anything important.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Nice packaging, but wait a second... when is this coming? This is so out of the blue.

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
If they released them chronologically, the sales would be dismal. The early B&W WB cartoons are only of interest to die-hard animation fans, and while they are fun, they are more of a curio to most people.

WB began to hit their stride in the mid-30s, and the golden age really began towards the end of the decade with the emergence of Clampett, Avery and a very young Chuck Jones.

If the initial collections sell well, I'm sure some kind of comprehensive release plan will eventually follow. This is what happened with the Turner cartoons that MGM released on LD. The first GOLDEN AGE OF LOONEY TUNES was thought to be a one-off, and the continued success led to the eventual release of almost every WB cartoon they owned (except for the ones that weren't P.C....*dammmit!*)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Here I am doing the survery and i get hit with this:

The Looney Tunes Hit Reality DVD will be available for $19.95. It will contain 20 hilarious all new Looney Tunes cartoons featuring your favorite characters starring in spoofs of reality TV shows such as Survivor, Iron Chef, Fear Factor and more. This is the first time Looney Tunes have been available on DVD and special bonus material will also be included.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Roger is right.

You could sell "Chuck Jones' Bugs Bunny in the 1950's" well, but "The Complete Buddy" would have trouble. However, "Porky Pig in B&W" or "The Complete 1930's Merrie Melodie Musicals" would sell good, if mainly to buffs.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I could live with something like "Chuck Jones' 1950s Bugs Bunny. What I'm afraid of is that they won't release "Chuck Jones' Bugs Bunny in the 1950's". I'm afraid what will happen is WB will release a pastiche of shorts from various directors and various time periods. You know...Chuck Jones' Bugs Bunny, Tex Avery's Bugs Bunny, etc., all on one disc.

If they put out sets of shorts for each director and made sure they were dedicated to each character then a person would have to be satisfied.

I really don't want to see those B&W cartoons rot away though. Daffy Duck in the B&W shorts made DD in his later cartoons look like a milquetoast. He really was one DAFFY bastard in those B&W films. I want to see those shorts preserved and I want the opportunity to be able to acquire them.

Film buffs have no problem demanding that B&W live action films be preserved and be made available. They should be demanding the same thing for the B&W cartoon shorts as well. I for one would like to see the Fleischer Betty Boop shorts...before she was domesticated. Some of the Boscoe shorts would be interesting to see as well.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I too got the fulfilled survey demographics gunk, too bad, and not able to give any useful opinions!

Adam

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I took the survey, but man, I hope they
aren't going to release these goldmines with
snapper packaging.

The packaging I saw on the survey looked very bad.

These cartoons deserve to be treated better.

James Reader

Screenwriter
I notice none of the packaging shots show "Warner Family Entertainment" - I'm surprised and delighted.

I was convinced WFE would do the traditional lackluster job on these cartoons.

Why does WFE have to release the Tom and Jerry cartoons, can't Warner Home Video do that too?

James Reader

Screenwriter
The Looney Tunes Hit Reality DVD will be available for $19.95. It will contain 20 hilarious all new Looney Tunes cartoons featuring your favorite characters starring in spoofs of reality TV shows such as Survivor, Iron Chef, Fear Factor and more. This is the first time Looney Tunes have been available on DVD and special bonus material will also be included
This sounds suspiciously like the Flash 'webtoons' on the Warner Bros. Looney Tunes site.

I suppose they just want to reanimate their existing scripts?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Heh, I tried to take the survey, but after the page of the 3 questions that are "Do you consider yourself a Looney Tunes collector?", "Do you consider yourself a Disney collecter?", and "Do you have a working DVD player at home?" I got this response:

Thank you for your interest in this survey. Unfortunately we already have all the completed surveys we need from the demographic group you represent.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
I would suppose the age and gender question was the one that puts us out of consideration. I suppose they want to save some bandwidth. They probably asked that third questions before the explanation so we wouldn't get the point to quickly and start posing as 70 year old females :D

James Reader

Screenwriter
Well, ideally they don't have to sell the discs/collections/whatever to collectors. They will pretty much buy whatever is put out.

But they do have to sell the discs/collections/whatever to casual purchases. So yes, I would say that they are likely to 'ignore' too many collectors who fill in the survey.

Remember Disney have stated most consumers prefer single disc releases rather than their '2 disc' sets (not that I believe this statement though).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks