Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Question Regarding Movie Reviewing

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   JamieD

JamieD

Supporting Actor

• 557 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 01:09 PM

Howdy folks. For anyone from a Studio or the HTF, etc who may be able to help me out, here goes. I am currently developing a new Internet Movie review site. It will be rather large and well supported. I was wondering how it is possible to obtain screening materials of DVDs for review from companies who are open to such requests, and how/if permission is gained to use cover images from said movies in reviews, such as Ron does. Thanks!!
My Small (But Prized) DVD Collection!

"Actually, I am in really bad shape financially."

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted March 31 2003 - 01:37 PM

You can apply at their press web sites for access to materials, but as far as sending out screeners nowadays forget it. They will approach YOU with product You need to establish yourself as a source of consistant large traffic, prove to them you're worth the studio's time. And that's going to take a minimum of 6-8 months of doing the whole thing purely on your own dime. Many of the people who started DVD sites have previous print credentials.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users